Need a bunch of random sized old nuts

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wuffles

Established Member
Reaction score
Anyone got any suggestions where I ought to try?

Looking for about a hundred or more and can be any size from M8 thread upwards, they're not going to be used for anything other than being made into "art" so doesn't matter if imperial or odd or whatever.

I could scour car boot sales, but I don't think people even bother taking that kind of thing along do they? I wouldn't.

Cheers.

I was expecting someone to suggest the British Legion in Coventry or something like that.

I could get a load of cheapo zinc coated nuts from the likes of Toolstation, and they'd cost peanuts, was hoping to re-purpose something old (and not have to fanny about with scratching them up before welding them together).

Back in the late 70s there was an engineering place that I used to hang around the car park doing whatever 8 year olds did back then, filled with cogs, nuts, bolts all sorts of things in a massive pile of "waste" - I'd give my soul away (again) to revisit somewhere like that now, obviously armed with a wheelbarrow and a stun gun, it's the 21st Century after all.

I guess that's the obvious place, but I'm not convinced they'd keep them separate - I'll pop into one tomorrow perhaps, see how it goes.

Any old garages near you? They might keep a 'just-in-case' bucket of hardware.

... and I know farmers never throw anything away, but cross their palms with scrumpy and you never know what a barn might yield. :wink:

I'm quite friendly with Nuts and Bolts in Weston if I wanted to use new ones, so thanks for the advice guys but it seems either scavenging or travelling back in time is on the cards.

Going to Weston today, might see if the lads at nuts and bolts have a sweepings pile :)

-Matt-":2qqcnnz5 said:
Why don't we all donate a handful or two each?
That should get the numbers up a bit easier!
I can certainly find enough of all sorts for this.

That's the spirit!

I checked a few garages today, nothing doing, however, the man at N&B does have a sweepings pile, but he's on holiday for a bit. Will speak with him on his return.

I thought the same, but I'm afraid all I have is new ones. I do have some huge M20 ones if you want? Could always rough them up

Probably not worth the postage is it? Unless you're next door. In which case I'm sorry about the parties, off road bikes, cortina on the drive, belly dancing, late night voodoo ceremonies and the cat.

Where are you based Matt? Question powered by Tapatalk (where it doesn't show locations in the thread).

Back