narex chisels

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olliejim

Reaction score
Hi, as a novice bench joiner i am looking at acquiring a decent yet not too expensive set of chisles. Many people heve reccomended narex chisels, the only problem is locating them! Anyone know of a uk distributor? Any advice greatly appreciated.
olliejim.

Try the CI Fall chisels from Matthew at Workshop Heaven. Swedish steel with decent oiled beech handles...can't be beaten for the price :wink: - Rob

Are these new Matthew? I've never heard of them?

Matthew, what kind of handles do these chisels have?
I'm after a cheap set for work (where EVERYBODY) uses my chisels.
These seem to fit the bill nicely on paper...

We have literally just put them up on the site today - they won best value western chisel by a country mile in a 26 chisel head to head analysis by Chris Gochnour published in FWW a couple of years ago. No one was doing them in the UK so I thought we'd give them a whirl.

Pretty impressive bits of kit really, even if you completely ignore the prices (I'm trying my best to, it feels like I'm just giving them away for nowt). The morticers are still being developed - they are only halfway through the range at the moment - hence there are only 4 sizes available, apparently they plan to carry on up to 16mm.

Sorry Riley,

Just hit publish and then realised I hadn't answered your question.

The handles are beech with a black stain and steel ferrules and hoops, they are oval in section and fitted widthwise on the bevel edged and vertically on the morticers in the Scandinavian tradition. Nothing especially flash but reasonably comfortable and sturdy.

8105.jpg

Latest posts

Back