Name stamp for wood

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There was a thread about this a while back, try a search - Philly had a nice one made from America I think?

Rod

I had one made about 20 years ago by Alec Tiranti in Theale. The sort of thing that you see on old planes..........

It took about 3 weeks and cost about 20 quid in those days. I haven't changed my name so it's still in use.

Don't know if they still do them, but a phone call will say....

http://www.tiranti.co.uk/index.asp

Thanks Harbo and Argus, I've sent Tiranti an email (can't call 0845 numbers from my mobile) and after looking at other threads on the subject will give Ray Iles a call, I need to chase up a couple of things I've got on order with him anyway. :D

I just spoke with someone from The Old Tool Store and they can make me one up for £32.25. Luckily my name is fairly short (P. ROSE) as they charge by the amount of letters. I was told the lettering would be 3/32 high which seems a bit small to me... I'm waiting to hear back from Tiranti before I make a decision but would prefer to go with someone like The Old Tool Store I think (depending on price of course! :lol: ).

Back