Saw identification

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benhen31

Established Member
Reaction score
Inherited this saw and I'm curious if anyone can ID it - it's definitely a few decades old at least.

The only stamp seems to be a generic royal stamp, but don't know if that's unique to a brand or not. The R L embossed are the initials of the previous owner.

Pictures below. Thanks!

IMG_9341.jpeg

IMG_9342.jpeg

Ah! Thanks, I thought the term warranted superior was just some marketing slogan type thing, not the brand! Thanks very much.
Case solved!

Warranted superior just means it's made from cast crucible steel, looking at handle which is utilitarian in style rather than the nicer older handles it's possibly 50s/60s, without a makers stamp could be anyone although handle looks like the ugly spear and jackson ones, but they can be reshaped

Last edited:
Warranted superior just means it's made from cast crucible steel, looking at handle which is utilitarian in style rather than the nicer older handles it's possibly 50s/60s, without a makers stamp could be anyone although handle looks like the ugly spear and jackson ones, but they can be reshaped
I stand corrected.

Back