myford mystro

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I'm biased because I have its twin!
But trying to be objective:-
In favour: It's a well made machine, quite heavy and the swivelling headstock is very useful if you are in a limited space. The fully variable speed ones are probably that bit better, but I find the five speeds OK.
Against: The bed bars are hollow, and square, rather than round. The hollow bit doesn't worry me, but the square shape does cause some problems with horizontal alignment of the tailstock (I've thought of a solution for this, but haven't actioned it yet on mine).
The tailstock isn't self-ejecting - fairly trivial, but annoying.
The headstock thread is non-standard for woodworking lathes, so chuck adapters are that bit more difficult to source, but it's the same thread as the Myford metalworking lathes, which can come in handy.
The starting price seems to be in the right region, if you think it's your sort of lathe. PM me if you want any more comments.

if the lathes any good and you dont pay a huge amount for it, it would seem like a very good deal with all those chisels and other bits.

adidat

Back