Mybiggest project to date

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
John

I got the idea of the corner unit from issac lord, if you visit their website they give a good description of it. Fopr a pace saver it certainly does the job.

I basically consist of a back frame with sliding runners for the section that goes in the corner,with the front section attached to the door, both sections fit together with a type of cam system, very neat and handy package.

With taking 18 months I have to admit there was a biy of an upset, but HID's was never short of cupboard space, having said that when it came to the base units there weregaps in the worktop to such an extent that you didn't need to open the doors to get things out, you just went throught he gaps in the top.

waka

Hi Waka
Thanks for the answers
I will have to have a nose around Issac Lord's website.
Anyway you seem to have caused quite a stir on here and rightly so.
The kitchen looks excellent But this corner cupboard is something special.

All the best

John

Waka

Quality job all round I would say!
Would you mind giving more detail on the mech for this magic cupboard? Did you make it or can you buy it in?
What did you use for the carcasses? I was considering laminated MDF?
Any info on the build you would like to share would be great, especially the door build.

Cheers

Wiz

The Magic Corner hardware is available from Woodfit
http://www.woodfit.com/product_info.php ... +Left+Hand
for £317incl VAT. The picture shown on the Woodfit site isn't correct, as the standard unit has wire baskets, the picture shows the Arena version with melamine basket bases.
Anyone who buys one needs to study the (poor) instructions carefully, and maybe mock-up a cabinet to suit it, although there is a fair bit of adjustability
John

The Magic Corner hardware is available from Woodfit
http://www.woodfit.com/product_info.php ... +Left+Hand
for £317incl VAT.

Or from Isaac Lord for £165 plus VAT. I did a lot of research into the stuff while planning a kitchen, and Isaac Lord are pretty unbeatable on price on this kind of stuff, pull-out larders, blum acessories etc. Woodfit seem to have prices that resemble a designer kitchen shop more than they do a wholesaler.

Jake

Blimey - that's still pretty steep for a few wire baskets. I guess if you were clever you could throw something together yourself from cheaper components if you had a certain engineering streak....(but not me :oops: )

Wiz

Can't remember the type of sheeting I used for the carcuses apart from to say that it was 19mm laminated type of chipboard and I think in came in at about 60 pounds a sheet. Most tedious job I found was doing all the edges, HID's lost her iron here.

Door construction is biscuited using the same sort of material as the carcus except its 9mm. For the join effect on the doors I just ran a router down the join.

At the end of the cupboard and floor units I made panels similar to the doors, this hid the ends and sort of matched upo with the fronts.

Martin, the Issac Lord price is a lot cheaper than other suppliers, but the kit you get is very study, dare I say it, german built and I have no daubt will last a very long time. I guess I opted for these because I was so fed up with that blind spot in the cupboard.

As to fitting, this is a very simple process, I think the first one took me about 1/2 hour with the second one a lot quicker. As long as you make the cupboard to a standard depth and the lenght within the rtange thay specify then you will have no problem.

Hope this helps.

Waka

Waka

Beautiful job 8) The sycamore looks fantastic with the maple inlays!

The contrasting worktop's a nice finishing touch - what did you use - slate or something?

Like others say, not sure my SO will wait 18 months :(

Cheers
Carduus

Back