my workshop

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tom owens

Established Member
Reaction score
I started clearing out on old out building at my inlaws about 6 months ago with the agreement that if i get rid of all the ribbish, put new electrics in it, re board the inside and seal the roof up i could use it as a workshop rent free!!!!

Well how could i refuse that for an offer. it measures 9meters long by 6 meters wide. i was on a budget of £3000 to sort the building out and by my machines so a few owed favours were recalled :D .
Theres no heating or insulation in there and it has got very cold in there over winter but i cant have everything..

To get the machines i wanted i would have to go chiwanese or second hand. I already had a mitre saw and cross cut. Anyway after hours and hours of reading reviews (and this forum before i signed up) i decided on a fox spindle, morticer, p/t and extractor (3 year warrenty and free delivery). Charnwood bandsaw and the axi 10" sliding bench saw. As you can tell i cant hold a camera very still!!! :D

Anyway heres a few photos.

DSCF6003.jpg

DSCF6005.jpg

DSCF6006.jpg

DSCF6007.jpg

DSCF6009-2.jpg

:roll: Been here five minutes and he's showing off his vast amounts of space :evil:

Ban Him!!

:lol: Kidding, what a lovely space. Rent free too, can't be bad. Now all you've got to do ti make something ;)

:D when i save up some more money il think about making something. it skinted me!!!!! its slowly making its money back.. :shock: :shock:

Thats not a workshop its a aircraft hangar :D :D

Wish I had that much space :(

BTW I noticed the makita mitre saw hidden under the bench, whats it like for cutting mitres.I have been pondering for a while to update my B&Q cheapo.

Harry

Well, at least you won't ever be able to complain about not having enough space!! :shock: :wink: Looks like you've done an excellent job so far.

Where are you planning to store all your timber and materials?

Wish my inlaws had a spare aircraft hanger for me.
Those machines do look a little lost, like a machine grave yard. Not long and you'll have that lived in feeling and look.
Don't worry about the heating, the summer is on the way and there's always that extra jumper knocking about.
Good Work Fella

up to now harry iv had no problems with the makita. it cut accurate mitres straight out the box. maybe thats just lucky that i never had to adjust anything.. :eek:

as for storing timber i was thinking of racks on the back wall behind the morticer. this building is joined on to another so any timber or sheet material is in there at the minute.

Lots of luvverly space!

A suggestion - paint your walls white before you do anything else. It will improve the lighting immensely at little cost and now, when there is hardly anything in the way, it will be much easier to do than when they are cluttered up with stuff.

Nice space.

How are you getting on with the Axminster saw? Mines coming on Tuesday :D

Ed

Nice workshop Tom,
I'm not jealous, I'm not jealous, I'm not jealous!
If I had a workshop that size I'd probably still fill it with rubbish until I was struggling to find enough space to plant my feet.

George_N":3tl7d5sc said:
Nice workshop Tom,
I'm not jealous, I'm not jealous, I'm not jealous!
If I had a workshop that size I'd probably still fill it with rubbish until I was struggling to find enough space to plant my feet.

the bigger the shop, the more rubbish you end up filling it with!

nice space tom

JHB

Sweet baby Jesus! - what I wouldn't give for a space like that :shock:

I'm not surprised you can't hold the camera still, my hand would be shaking with excitement too.

Please tell us you've insulated behind that boarding while you had the chance though, an opportunity like that won't come round very often.

Mr Ed":2sjcux03 said:
Nice space.

How are you getting on with the Axminster saw? Mines coming on Tuesday :D

Ed

iv got one problem with the saw which is the magnifying window for setting up the fence. its a big thick red line which stops you from being able to see the measurments properly. im going to replace it with i piece of clear perspex and a short length of fuse wire. apart from that i cant fault it. will handle 8x4 sheets easily. took 3 of us and 6 cups of coffee to get it set up and cutting true but its worth spending the time as it gives perfect straight cuts. :D

i never insulated the walls this time round but hopefully this summer im going to rip the outside shell off and re board that to..

Back