My workshop and recent projects

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Hi, after launching myself onto the unsuspecting members of this forum recently, there were several requests to post some photos. So after following Alfs tutorial, I am ready to have a go. I hope its not too boring and that I'll be allowed a bit of slack as none of it is commercial, just done for family and pleasure.

as you can see I work in my garage.

You can see my latest project, a console table in oak
My most recent projects have been fitted wardrobes and bedroom furniture in english elm, new drive gates in oak and my latest longcase clock a 'grand daughter' in American black walnut.

Thanks for posting these fredem. Some nice pieces there. I particularly like the gates - what finish did you use on them? How long ago? How is it standing up to wear and tear and the weather?

RogerM":1yfwldr2 said:
Thanks for posting these fredem. Some nice pieces there. I particularly like the gates - what finish did you use on them? How long ago? How is it standing up to wear and tear and the weather?

Glad you like the gates, they were finished with Morrels mid oak stain, (turned out a bit more orange than I wanted) and several coats of Ronseal exterior clear varnish. The gates have been on for about three months now and have not shown any problems except the through tennons have all shrunk back by about 1 mm. The photo was taken this morning.

Hello Freden
Thanks for the workshop tour. (I almost feel guilty going into another man's shop.) :oops: Looks like a lot of fine tools.
I also like your projects. The one that caught my eye is the tall clock. Very nice.
All I can say is keep on doing what your doing!!!!!!
Travis

Back