My new shop

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mailee

Established Member
Reaction score
I have got the keys to the new workshop and have started work on it. I am going to paint the walls first and then some sealing and insulation along with updating the electrics. Over the past couple of days I have been fitting a wicker door, a new fire door in the spray shop and ripping out some Heath Robinson benches.
This is a shot from the doors:
DSCN2784.jpg

This one is a shot towards the doors from the far side of the shop:
DSCN2786.jpg

This is the bench that is coming out:
DSCN2785.jpg

Here is a shot of the spray room from one end:
DSCN2787.jpg

And this one from the other end of the spray room:
DSCN2788.jpg

Needs a bit of work doing but the Landlord will reimberse me for the electrics. :D

Hudson Carpentry":1ch11cq5 said:
I did wonder, was trying to figure what it is, Thicknesser?

To me it looks like the rubbish bins they have in town. Not sure why it needs a little wheel on the side or a plug, though!

You got it, a thicknesser. It's a bit more industrial than the one I already have as it will thickness up to 16" wide. :D

Nice size 'shop Alan...with your speedy turn around on stuff, we expect it to be fully up and running by 01 Jan :lol: - Rob

Just an update. Over the last few days we have been installing new electrics in the shop. Landlord is going to reimburse for this. :D I have no idea how the previous owner hadn't killed himself with them, but that's another story. Anyway after sorting out some problems with a couple of the breakers for the big machines it is now up and running. I am now in the process of sorting out positioning of the various equipment I have into some kind of order. Looks like I will need a couple of trips to the local tip for all the rubbish I have accumulated too. :roll:

Well I am halfway there now. I got all the RAS mounted on the bench.
DSCN2791.jpg
Along with the large machines in place and some racking up for my odds and ends.
DSCN2792.jpg

I have now got somewhere to hang my clamps too
DSCN2790.jpg

I have done a little bit of work in the spray shop but it needs a lot more work yet.
DSCN2793.jpg

I cut down one of the benches that was left and put it on castors so it will double as an infeed table for the table saw. I am still unsure where to put an office but am working on that one. :D

mailee":1mjguaai said:
No Melinda, there is no upstairs.......yet. ;-)

I watch your posts in amazement at the speed you turn out your work....

I have no doubt there will be one above the spray shop in no time at all!

Hi Alan - fine space there! "hence the new machine in the photo"... almost missed it - you need way bigger machines to make an impression on that space. May I suggest a few Wadkin. I reckon they would kick out a bit of heat too, nice in the cooler months. Basically, jealous... probably 3-phase too (all those bargain big bandsaws etc, some of which are Wadkin... not boring you am I??)

No, no not at all Douglas. I won't be putting a second floor in above the spray shop Melinda as that part is only one story. I may put a mezzanine floor in at a later date though. I am afraid I can't go for the 'heavy metal' approach as there is no 3 phase fitted to the unit. :cry: I shall when funds and time allow be upgrading some of my equipment though. One of the most important additions next has got to be better dust extraction and better heating. I can mamage with the rest for now but these are a must. Got to say I have enjoyed setting up this shop as much as my last two, I guess I am a glutton for punishment. :roll:

"I guess I am a glutton for punishment"
yep, me too... but on a rather smaller scale. I think I have built 5 or 6 now, starting with small sheds heavily modified, and the most recent Kentish-barn style (half-hips, oak clad, stained glass, stable door ... oh yes, and raising the roof single-handed was entertaining). Workshops and benches are my true failings. It's got so bad now 'we' are seriously considering moving house (again) mainly so I can build another one - after all every time you build and / or fit one out you learn something and if you don't use that learning, what was it for :lol: :lol:

Ha, ha. Your comment on raising the roof alone brought back memories for me too! I had a large double garage with a flat roof and needed to put a boat in it (Don't ask) I used acros to lift the roof and raised the door another two feet all on my own! It worked out well in the end but I did have to do a bit of mechanical re jiging of the door mechanism as it was a lift and slide one. A lot of head scratching on that one. :lol:

Back