My first ever gloat :)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lord Nibbo

Established Member
Reaction score
My first ever gloat, well two really.

First one is this I picked up at a local car boot sale for £10
208023680_e09ab47bc1.jpg

It was a bit rusty but a wire brush and a bit of spray paint did wonders.

Second gloat was one of these for £87.81 on Ebay
05P2501L.jpg

My first thought was £10 for the Record, and then I thought another £10 for the tin of blue paint :)

Nice to see and old tool restored, if you havent used this vice before I found that the inside cheek is not square to the face (or is that 'not perpandicular'?)

Good gloat, keep it up! 8)

devonwoody":29a5qdxf said:
Nice to see and old tool restored, if you havent used this vice before I found that the inside cheek is not square to the face (or is that 'not perpandicular'?)
Devon thats how they are meant to be, the jaws meet at the top first and as you tighten further the flex in the vice clamps on the whole jaw.

devonwoody":38tsa1eh said:
My first thought was £10 for the Record, and then I thought another £10 for the tin of blue paint :)

It was actually about £9 for paint ;) but I only used about 1/4 of it so plenty left to do up some more gloats :D

Latest posts

Back