MY ERROR...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tritontools it is nice to see you take the time to put your side. It has been said that you charged him a £40 restocking fee.

Also why did it cost you over double (£19.53) to get your product back?

Cheers

Mike

Hi. Couriers charge double due to driver taking parcel back to depot! then paper work / administration and delivery charge to send back to us.There is also a hold's charge. WHICH IS WHY WE SAY "Return at your own cost". We do not go for the cheapest couriers we use companies tyhat are going to deliver quick and efficiently. These costs do not include our time picking packing administration two lots of credit card charges BLAH BLAH.

Tritontools,

Hi. Couriers charge double due to driver taking parcel back to depot! then paper work / administration and delivery charge to send back to us.There is also a hold's charge. WHICH IS WHY WE SAY "Return at your own cost". We do not go for the cheapest couriers we use companies tyhat are going to deliver quick and efficiently. These costs do not include our time picking packing administration two lots of credit card charges BLAH BLAH.

Seems reasonable.

Cheers

Mike

I cant help get angry as i do take this personally, what makes it worse he then had the check to ask for a discount off a router! :x

Don't let the other members comments get you angry as we were only responding to the facts that were given. As Mike says, you have taken the trouble to set the record straight, which will sit well with the forum members.

Andy, it would be nice to have your response to this.

I'm sorry but it seems to me all goodwill aside we seem to have two things going on. Bearing in mind a colleague (a friend not connected with UKW)ordered a Router on my recommendation that
Firstly Andy's actions defy belief to most of us, enough said.
Secondly John although quite right to get a bit naffed off, if you are running a business, that's life, you are going to experience this from time to time, so you need to make it clear what the charges are going to be if you arrange for collection as opposed to the customer returning at his cost. You may well of made it clear but it doesn't seem that way. I for one despite what others may have said about you posting "how it was" think you need to reflect more on how you may be undoing all that good work, which we know you have, by responding in this manner. Take a leaf out of most of the pro's books if you cannot say anything positive don't say anything, never mind the right's or wrong's of it, and never give a customers details I wouldn't want that if I was haviing some problem!

Alan

Having read through these posts, I would certainly be happy to do business with Tritontools. I do not think they come out negatively in this.

Hi Alan
Its good to hear your comments and i have taken them on board, the only thing i would say is that its very difficult to make clear the unknown! Delivery charges vary dramatically depending on post codes, weights / dims and level of service which is why we state customer needs to contact us for a returns number which is when we discuss the most cost effective method of return.

Alan,

I do not agree with you. John has every right to reply in which ever manner he sees fit. If Andy did indeed alter the facts and is badmouthing a company to 2000+ woodworkers, the it could seriously harm John's reputation and income.

Also, If you read through the previous posts, the website T&C's clearly state that the item must be returned at the customers cost, which, if there is nothing wrong with the product, is perfectly reasonable. The argument was over a re-stocking charge, which has turned out to be fictional.

I would be pretty hacked off too, if I were John.

Got to admit I have bought a few things from Tritontools and never been let down and reading through the Forum trail I reckon the originator owes John a big apology for trying to give his business a bad reputation.

Harry.

Looks like I have found a new supplier who thinks customers matter. Yes there is no way that I would behave as badly as the original poster.

Congratulations Tritontools for standing up for yourself.

John, just out of interest, does your TGA001 - Template Guide Kit fit other routers or just Triton routers ?

Cheers,

Richard

Well i must say thank you for the support guys it is really good to hear your coments! DOG: The template guides i understand will fit other makes however the kit includes other bits which would be of no use to you. I would recomend you contact me monday and i could supply you with Titman template guides only. Regards J

Well done John for sticking your head over the parapet.

As for 'white collar crime' the only criminal thing I have read on this thread is the stupidity of the originator who posts on his own ineptitude, expects sympathy and rubbishes a firm who have honoured their part of the contract. They have very clear procedures for returning goods. If you chose to ignore them then more fool you.

Posts such as this can do enormous damage and I applaude John for defending his reputation and for resisting the temptation to take legal action against the originator. I most certainly would. Tritontools will get my business.

Pat

Back