Motorbikes

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used to ride until some prick in an unmarked white van decided to see if I was good as human jam and knocked me off. Lost use of my left arm, punctured lung, brain haemorrhage and spent some time in a coma after [literally] having my life saved by the HEMS Doctor (thank you thank you thank you) and being airlifted to the Royal London Hospital.

Still love bikes, but don't ride anymore. Used to be a bit of useful rider (could get both knees down as well as pegs and my exhaust) and loved going to Chelsea Bridge and bike meets. Never managed to do a track day, but I'd have loved to have a go.

Bikes in order: CB125TDC, Kwak KR1S 250cc 2-stroke (my most fab, beautiful bike), VF500, GT750 (did a bit of courier work), CB600F2 (yank import and strangely faster than standard UK models).

It was my CBR that I was knocked off, but that only cost me about £15 to put right and sell after my accident. Shame bodies are a bit more difficult and expensive to repair.

Good luck with the restoration project.

Chris Knight":w0dvt2ml said:
I have been riding bikes for over 50 years and love them - if I hadn't had a wee accident off-roading a few months ago, I'd be riding now!

I had to walk a mile to get to the nearest place a chopper could land. My legs were OK - the rest of me wasn't..

662486153_n9dvA-S.jpg

662487631_fQcUG-S.jpg

Chris sorry to hear about your off , do you greenlane often ?

If your ever round this way let me know and i will be happy to show you round our local lanes , im lucky enough to live between the yorkshire dales and the yorkshire moors and would gladly show you round either if you aint done them before :wink:

ss50 right little buzz boxes i had puch vz50 mate had m50 yhem were the days 16 and daft zx9r now what a machine
ferret

eggflan":1jz46umb said:
Chris sorry to hear about your off , do you greenlane often ?

If your ever round this way let me know and i will be happy to show you round our local lanes , im lucky enough to live between the yorkshire dales and the yorkshire moors and would gladly show you round either if you aint done them before :wink:

Mic,
Yes, I love laning although I am not sure when my shoulder will permit me to do it again. I have only just been tempted by the nice weather to get on a bike for the first time since the accident. I had a super half hour on my BMW GS 800 - roads only. My trail bike is SRO'd at the mo, waiting an MOT and me the determination to get on it again.

Thanks for the invite - hope I'll be able to take you up on it one day.

Hello all,
Tommo, I once went to the East coast on the ss50 downhill it could get up to 45 ish, but usually 30 on the flat, blew it up eventually and had it rebored to 80cc, went a little bit faster!

To Spinonit, sorry to hear your bad news, I regularly get both knees down, ........when I am washing the wheels............

GT

52mph was the magic figure on the fs1e,great times...........
Then came the 250's, 100mph at 17 roll the dice :shock:

Which 250 was that Andy? I'll bet it wasn't a Yamaha XS? :lol:
Yeauk! Spit! Gibber!

Roy.

Rd 250 digit '79 i think the xs was a little later,although i remember the xs 500 8 valve!
My mate came round a few years ago with the rg250 i had a go on ,then a year or so
later he came round with the aprilla version,not the chesterfield though doctor.( thats ironic as it was "thee" doctor's ride once!)

I once remember going wide on a corner on the 250 (wet) and a ford cargo
was coming towards me and the driver covered his eye's :shock: It sends shudders down my spine when i think about it.

Gordon T":1cbvdoyw said:
To Spinonit, sorry to hear your bad news, I regularly get both knees down, ........when I am washing the wheels............

Cheers for the thoughts Gordon, but it was almost exactly ten years ago now, so hardly news anymore and I've long since gotten used to life single-handed :roll:

andycktm":3np1tqll said:
Rd 250 digit '79 i think the xs was a little later,although i remember the xs 500 8 valve!

I once remember going wide on a corner on the 250 (wet) and a ford cargo
was coming towards me and the driver covered his eye's :shock: It sends shudders down my spine when i think about it.

I had a wee ride on an xs650 Nice bike also went on the back of my uncle whilst he rode it and it truely does handle :lol: Also his friend is building a flat tracker with an xs650 which had been halco tuned :lol: Should be fun

I have a few motorcycles but this is my latest project ....started it in november and basically finished it today
Hopefully will have some pictures after the weekend of its finished state

Ian

IMG_2150Medium.jpg

The only woodworking aspect of its resto was to make a pattern for a new back brake and turn a gearknob !!!

flh801978":1j039svw said:
I have a few motorcycles but this is my latest project ....started it in november and basically finished it today
Hopefully will have some pictures after the weekend of its finished state

Ian

IMG_2150Medium.jpg

The only woodworking aspect of its resto was to make a pattern for a new back brake and turn a gearknob !!!

Ian , you may want to sort that puncture in the front tyre :lol:

Great project bike , please post up a picture when you finish , i would love to see it ..

Latest posts

Back