Motorbikes

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mtt.tr

Established Member
Reaction score
Does any body have an interest in motorbikes?

I am in the middle of rebuilding an Armstrong MT500 which i brought for £250 as a box of pieces :lol: the frame is nearly ready for the top coats.

Also when the bike is on the road it will be my first motorbike when im 17 after i have done my test

I am afraid my other passion is motorbikes.

I have a Fireblade, a little Honda VFR400 trackbike and a ZXR400L9.

Where in the world are you?

Have a look here BikeSafe.co.uk for some help once you have passed your test or Bikesafe-London.co.uk if you are near to London.

Good luck with the rebuild. There are still a lot os spares around for the Armstrong.

Mick

Oryxdesign":1ug7pi31 said:
Thats the off roadie bike the army use isn't it?

Thats the one. Weighs a ton but lots of fun and they are rather reliable.

MickCheese":1ug7pi31 said:
I am afraid my other passion is motorbikes.

I have a Fireblade, a little Honda VFR400 trackbike and a ZXR400L9.

Where in the world are you?

Have a look here BikeSafe.co.uk for some help once you have passed your test or Bikesafe-London.co.uk if you are near to London.

Good luck with the rebuild. There are still a lot os spares around for the Armstrong.

Mick

Im based in chelmsford was looking at bike safe the other day.

Noisey smelly things :oops:

R1005.jpg

CAMPHILL.jpg

DSC00350.jpg

DSC00375.jpg

Nope i have no interest at all , the pesky things do keep breeding round here though :lol: :lol:

Yes mate, there are a few bikers on here it seems, including me (although I am between bikes right now)

I've had in order:

Honda Cityfly (great little 125cc after doing CBT and before bike test)
Streetfightered Suzuki GSF600
Yamaha Fazer 600 (crashed twice, fixed once and sold)
1978 Honda Monkey Bike. I still have this but it's SORN. Some little mods have been made to it too :)

I'd love another bike but finances don't allow for it. I'm thinking of either a comfy tourer or a backroad motard but only time will tell.

Hi,

I have a old Kawasaki ZXR750J2, its resting over winter ar the moment :cry:

Pete

Racers":2efjnc9n said:
Hi,

I have a old Kawasaki ZXR750J2, its resting over winter ar the moment :cry:

Pete

Now we are talking Pete , my fist big sports bike was a ZXR 750 H2 , it had been twiddled with by the chap who owned it before me and was more than a match for much newer bikes , i had it dynoed and it was showing 135bhp at the rear wheel :shock: I really wish i had kept it but i just didnt have the space due to my race bikes taking up the garage ..

Hi, Eggflan

I have two ZXR but the other needs some bits :wink:

My orignal one was a ringer so I could only insure it third party, but I bought a frame with log book from Ebay for £32 and swapped everything over, so I still have the orignal frame hanging up in the garage, SORN at the moment.

Pete

I did have a Yamaha Fazer 1000, but I got rid in the hope I would keep my legs.

Previously owned a Honda CBR1000fm, also had a Suzuki TL1000s for a while.

.....no, no interest at all :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have a 1976 Kawasaki Z650SR that my mate restored and won best Japanese restoration in Ireland with a few years ago. Unfortunately I have to sell it for medical reasons because I can't risk coming off due to spinal issues so its sitting in my workshop like a monument to my heartache :cry: .

Brendan

I have been riding bikes for over 50 years and love them - if I hadn't had a wee accident off-roading a few months ago, I'd be riding now!

I had to walk a mile to get to the nearest place a chopper could land. My legs were OK - the rest of me wasn't..

662486153_n9dvA-S.jpg

662487631_fQcUG-S.jpg

Hello all, At the moment I have a Honda Deauville 700, superb, and have been biking since I was 16 when I started with a Honda ss50..if there is anyone out there who still remembers them

GT

Gordon T":1y916eso said:
Hello all, At the moment I have a Honda Deauville 700, superb, and have been biking since I was 16 when I started with a Honda ss50..if there is anyone out there who still remembers them

GT

How slow could you go? :lol: My ride at 16 was an AP50 (still lurking at the back of my garage) top speed 72mph down the A2 flat on the tank 8)

SS50 it's a modern bike! I've got a C200 down the cellar (1964) in need of a bit a rebuild.

A friend of mine over in Ireland is building his own beast at the moment

wooden%20bike.jpg

Yes! a wooden bike with wooden wheels. And he's due to be riding it over for the NAB rally in 6 weeks. Totally MAD!

Currently use bikes for commuting - doing 35k a year from Kent to London and back daily. Started on a CB500S, moved onto a Fazer600 and after that got a SMIDSY am currently on a Divy900. Slow, shaft driven and currently rattling itself to bits :D

Steve

Back