Motor bike.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can anyone beat this for daft, crazy, mad. Ive got a bet with friend £20, he can build a wooden bike before I've built my trike.

I'ts not just the beer talking, he's putting in hundreds of hours on it. Starting with "safety first" he's made a skid lid.
Photo-0006.jpg

I've not seen the WIP pics yet but he's made the wooden wheels and now working on a glue-lam frame.

Meanwhile I've only got as far as testing the geometry of the suspension
Suspension test

I can see me losing but it's worth it. He's planning on riding it over from Dublin for a Rally in April!

I'll keep you posted on the performance, when it actually performs!
He got plenty of ribbing over the weekend as he had to bring it over in the back of a van. Something to do with the ignition.

A wooden bike that would'n go

Andy

D'you think he could get it registered?

No trouble with rust eh? Just ned to go fast enough to beat the woodworm beetles!
Cracking project..

John :)

If he was in England it would need an MSVA (Motorcycle Single Vehicle Approval) before it could be registered etc. The proccess in Ireland seems to be a little less bureaucratic. :? I'll see how he gets on.

Cheers
Andy

Digit":35wwlym1 said:
As my PC went kaput some time back I'm still trying to find the software for my camera so that I can post pics Jenx.
Roy.

Can you not remove the card from the camera Roy?

Then for just a few quid, you could buy a card reader that plugs into your USB slot, like a memory stick. Transfer from the card is managed by Windows, which treats a card-reader like another drive. Much neater solution.

Plus, I can select which images I want to put onto my PC and no space taken up by unnecessary software.

Regards
John :)

Back