most used blade

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boysie39

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all , what is your most blade , I know a lot depends on the thickness and type of timber .also how intricate the pattern you are cutting .I have been using No,s 3 and 5 ultra reverse F/D . cutting names and from 20mm Ash. and Beech . I have started to use the No. 7 F/D and I think the No 3 is better for me ,what do you find .

Hi Eugene.

For a long time now I have just been using FD blades numbers 3, 5 and 7s. I use 7s to cut the outside of plaques, names signs etc as this gives me better control and its a lot easier to stay on the line. I use 5s and 3s for inside work and this depends on how fine or accurate I have to be. Where there are a lot of inside cuts and a lot of points etc I prefer a 3 blade, you can achieve some amazing detail with a 3 blade.

Pegas No. 3 for most of my work, for boxes I will use Pegas No. 9 or more usually Olsen PST No. 9 double tooth. For lay-on work and portraits Pegas No. 2/0.

Hi Eugene F/D No 1 rev ( sending for No 1 Ultra Rev) are my favorite blade at the moment for me they are the best for the projects that I do,still trying out F/D No 3 Rev,also F/D No 5.

Bryan

What you have said seems to agree with my thinking ,so I must be making some head way .

Geoff , having seen the scale and beauty of your work on F/B I realize I have all the bells and whistles but not all the talent ,but God loves a trier .

Bryan , I think you do a lot of tricky inside cuts ,I have not tried the No. 1 blade yet I am still at the big is beautiful stage yet..

Clockie , I have not used either Pegas , or Olsen , blades as of yet so can't remark on their cutting ,the only other person who I know that scrolls over here uses Olsen .but he lives a 210km round trip away .I hope to see him in a few weeks time when the weather gets a little better .

Thanks for the replys it's helpful to know what other scrollers use and what ways they go about their work . God Bless.

Back