Mosaic Table-top

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulc

Established Member
Reaction score
Have finished a coffee table with a mosaic of cut house tiles, looks really well but is scraping very easily , does anyone know how I might seal the surface to prevent this? Would be a pity to have to throw out top. Cheers.

paulc":3cactb1s said:
Have finished a coffee table with a mosaic of cut house tiles, looks really well but is scraping very easily , does anyone know how I might seal the surface to prevent this? Would be a pity to have to throw out top. Cheers.

I made one years ago, I sent round every edge with fine emery to knock off the sharp bits before I grouted it. :)

No sharp edges on this one , just that the house tiles' surface scrapes relly easliy and thought there might be some clear spray or other application which would prevent the surface from getting scratched, may try galss as last resort, cheers , any other suggestions appreciated.

Epoxy resin? Might be a pipper to polish up, but I guess there must be formulations which are intended for polishing.

Latest posts

Back