morticers

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
at 35 quid you can get 3 phase in or by a converter (also from ebay) or even change the motor our for a single phase one, plenty of options - depends on what you want and how much hassle you prepared to put up with

Just some thoughts

yep

you can buy three phase equipment for a dodle, cause not many people have it at home, and with a converter you have access to a lot of cheap tools.

anyway a new 240v induction moter will not cost you more than Gbp 150

Are the mountings such that the motor can be changed that easily?

Jake":6t6rkild said:
I bought a 240 volt motor for this Kerry pillar drill, I paid £100 for the drill plus £130ish for the new motor plus approx £25 for NV switch, the drill was worth doing up and is worth it.
119903440_49880d39e0.jpg

If I were to do the same thing on a morticer would it be worth any more money when I finished? I just don't think so, but I might be wrong.

I think it would be worth more, whether enough to pay for the cost, I doubt very much.

And a pillar drill is belt drive, which makes it more of a natural candidate for a motor change.

I don't know the answer, but the phase convertor route sounds much more viable to me.

Jake":189ra80n said:
Probably not. Mortisers have a flange-mounted motor and getting the motor mounted dead centre is critical to the accurate operation of the mortiser, unlike say pedestal drills whichj use the m uch more commonly available foot-mounted motors

Scrit

Back