Mortgage rates / interest etc

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But just remember his economic theory might just past muster with the Mrs and the latest woodworking machine purchase - all money is meaningless and isn't really that much it's just a number without any value, just like the holiday we could have had...!
Yep, true that..... in a roundabout way my mini digger was free 🤔🤫

Yep, true that..... in a roundabout way my mini digger was free 🤔🤫
Just read through most of this thread,I was bored now I am suicidal?
No cliffs near me either.
Very interesting but there is no way I am going to get into any debate about anything.
Or should I ?….🙈

Just read through most of this thread,I was bored now I am suicidal?
No cliffs near me either.
Very interesting but there is no way I am going to get into any debate about anything.
Or should I ?….🙈
You just have done!

Last year
We invested in Nationwide B/S fixed interest for 12 months @ 4%
now it has dropped to 3.75%

We hold premium Bonds too, sometimes we win, they are better than Lottery tickets in my opinion

Last year
We invested in Nationwide B/S fixed interest for 12 months @ 4%
now it has dropped to 3.75%

We hold premium Bonds too, sometimes we win, they are better than Lottery tickets in my opinion
I can't imagine that anyone would disagree re. Premium bonds versus Lottery tickets.

Why me? :unsure:
Bonds you don't lose anything but might win a little, the odds in your favour. Lottery you lose it all but might win a lot with the odds definitely against. o_O
You do so love controversy and debate 😉

Premium Bonds . This month August 2023 ---

Mrs C £150;- Me £50

December PB draw
Mrs Cordy £125
Me £50

We have several £K coming to us in January.
No idea where to invest -- Stock Market is a No No - I don't trust accountants or financial advisers.
Already maxed out on PBs and ISAs.

Genuine ideas welcome.

PS, I have more than enough woodworking toys.

John

December PB draw
Mrs Cordy £125
Me £50

No idea where to invest -- Stock Market is a No No - I don't trust accountants or financial advisers.

Genuine ideas welcome.

John
Shelter? Donate to Shelter - Shelter England

December PB draw
Mrs Cordy £125
Me £50

Genuine ideas welcome.

John
Currently have accounts with Chase and Zopa, 4.1 and 4.54 respectively. Both are app based, instant access, pay interest monthly and are FSCS covered. If you put your full PB allowance in either you'd make £170+ a month at the moment, though of course without the tax free bit

Back