More tool kindness

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

At the Woodex show, I spent a bit of time with Colin C, whom I met there for the first time.

Well, we looked at one tool stand and I looked at a couple of lovingly honed blades with mirror finish on the bevel and back. Very impressed, I asked the guy demonstrating how he does it? Use a leather strop he says and proceeded to show me how.

I remarked to Colin that I would have to get a suitable piece of leather. Colin tells me not to bother as he has some spare.

I looked at some saws next and I nearly bought a Gents saw - Colin then mentioned that he had several and would send me one FOC :D

Came home from work tonight to find a parcel - lovely big piece of leather and a very nice George Ibbotson Gents saw.

Thanks loads Colin, you are a very generous man and it is much appreciated :D

Alf
I also have 2 or 3 tenon saws and 2 dovetail saws to so I am not doing so bad
I used to have almost 3 sets of tools when I worked for my last firm but that was just over 3 years ago, so now have some spares but as you know I still have some holes in my carving tool set :wink:

Back