more painted MDF

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mailee

Established Member
Reaction score
I got these wardrobes fitted today. I left a gap at the top of this one due to the ceiling being so out of true. Think it looks better than a sloping cornice and hides the defect. Customer was very happy with them which is what counts. :D

Centre one has a removable shelf and rail fitted.

Smart work there Alan!

Just not sure about that gap at the top though. I'd have been keen to consider putting lighting of some sort in that gap, maybe.

Nice work. Not sure about the gap either but it's one of those things. Try and hide it or show it off.

How much of a drop is there from the top rail to shelf? Looks a little short from the pictures, I may be wrong.

Lipped shelving or thick?

Bet those mirrored doors were heavy!

They as ever look very good.

Sorry if this is a stupid question but what mirrors did you use for the doors. I was thinking of making some wardrobe doors for a small room but have been wary of the weight.

Thank you.

Looks very good. I think your solution to the variable gap at the top works well. I've got something similar in one of our bedrooms with fitted 'robes.

I think builders levels must have been on ration post WW2 when the house was extended judging by the size of the gap!

Thanks guys. the shelf is removable as is the rail below it, (out of shot) The drop is about 2'4" in each of the spaces but the shelf is on adjustable pegs. The shelf is lipped with hardwood and yes, the doors were heavy due to the mirrors. Tim the mirrors were 4mm glass and were bonded to the backing then the lot sit in a rebate with mouldings to hold it in. :wink: These were fitted in a small terraced cottage with very,very steep stairs and were a pain carting those doors up there! :shock:

Back