More on ULEZ. Everybody's doing it!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Guardian is a bit behind in reporting this.The French scheme has been active for a while and it doesn't cost a great deal to get the sticker.The service is quite prompt too.

There are some big differences.

The French and Germans just ban non-compliant vehicles from entering city centres whereas the London scheme taxes them.

The French and German schemes seem to apply to city centres only - a much smaller area than the proposed ULEZ.

most places with ulez that charge are just building cash income so what happens when all the non-comforming vehicles are gone?
Pay per mile but a long time ago when it was looked at by the government ( we never had the tec then anyway) the average year mileage was going to cost twice the road tax at the time, now that a surprise

Would this be the same Germany that is re-opening Coal fired power stations?
Or the UK opening a new coal mine, and giving licenses for North sea oil. To have credability you must do what you are preaching and standby your objectives and not have or expect different playing fields.

Non of these so called clean zones effect me because I will just avoid going there and it could well have an impact on visitor numbers because we will just go somewhere else. What needs to be done is to put these clean zones into perspective, what percentage reduction in global emissons do they have ?

You will probably need scientific notation to show the number.

There are some big differences.

The French and Germans just ban non-compliant vehicles from entering city centres whereas the London scheme taxes them.

The French and German schemes seem to apply to city centres only - a much smaller area than the proposed ULEZ.
Ah, someone who seems to know something about this.

We are going to France this year and I ordered one of the French stickers, all good.

But what I can't find out is how it works. I stick it in my windscreen and then what? Do French towns have no entry signposts of some description clearly stating what car grades are allowed. Ours is a grade 1 car, how is it's compliance going to be indicated to me should I be entering the towns & cities?

TIA :)

Or the UK opening a new coal mine, and giving licenses for North sea oil. To have credability you must do what you are preaching and standby your objectives and not have or expect different playing fields.

Non of these so called clean zones effect me because I will just avoid going there and it could well have an impact on visitor numbers because we will just go somewhere else. What needs to be done is to put these clean zones into perspective, what percentage reduction in global emissons do they have ?

You will probably need scientific notation to show the number.
Peeing in the wind imho!

.If 25 percent of a barrel of oil is used for plastics and chemicals - I can't see that anyone is going to stop drilling for oil in the foreseeable future. We are too reliant on plastic in the modern age to exist without it

Back