more ipad info sought re safari

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devonwoody

Established Member
Reaction score
I do not like safari, is it possible to run I/e on the pad or others?

The reason for not liking safari is when at utube it want you to pay for some videos or is biased towards that genre.

And it is difficult to seek those that are freely available at I/e

I've never paid for a YouTube video.
What are you looking at DW?

I'm not that keen on safari, but it's ok. Certainly not bad enough to make me want to try another browser, but you can check if your favourite is in the App Store. I'm more concerned that you like ie though!

I will go and find a video that will not play at safari but does on ie on the pc. (sure I noticed a charge at the ipad to download to iTunes or something)

DW did you know you can buy a simple cable that has an ipad plug on the ipad end and a TV video plug(s) on the other. Using that, you can make your tele the screen of the ipad. In doing so you can watch anything that can be seen on your ipad, on your tele instead (or simultaneously in fact).

I'm sure if you use the Apple products in the way Apple intend (iPad, iTunes etc) everything
will "just work" and be slicker than snot.

This will come with a price tag.

If you want cheapness, control and flexibility (and some of the unavoidable complexity thereof), don't use Apple products.

BugBear (posting from a highly customised SeaMonkey browser under LXDE/Ubuntu :D )

DW if you bought your iPad from an Apple Store, why not go for some free training on it?

Rod

The only issue I've had with YouTube in Safari is that some of the pre-roll adverts are still in Flash, so they won't play; no ads, no video. Easiest way around it is to use the YouTube App, free in the app store. Lots of alternative browsers around if you really want to try them, e.g. Google Chrome etc...

And +1 for the free training at the Apple stores; great source of free help, though obviously you do need to be within striking distance of an Apple store.

NickWelford":1rnan16b said:
...can you get one for the newer lightning connector? I have one for the older connector but can't find a newer one.
You can get a 'Lightning digital AV adapter' that lets you use any HDMI cable to connect to your TV. Or you can get a 'Lightning to 30-pin adapter' and use your old cable. Both in the Apple Store.

HTH Pete

I watch loads of art/drawing vids on utube and have never been sent or asked for payment unless the poster of the video is only showing a snippet from a longer DVD ..

I downloaded the Chrome app for browsing as I use Chrome on all my other pc's and can have my personal setup and bookmarks on my iPhone and iPad. Highly recommended.

RogerS":30macu0s said:
devonwoody":30macu0s said:

And it is difficult to seek those that are freely available at I/e

I really don't understand what you are on about here.

Roger, I use my pc and with I/e9 have always been satisfied, my favourites list is yards long and my filing system works perfectly for me. I have not cracked the safari/ipad favourites system apart from the scroll history bar along the top for past visits to sites.

I want I/e on my Ipad and run a decent favourites list for my art and music interests, like Willie Nelson music and art displays by ~Terry Harrison on Ipad they seem to want payment but at ie on utube they are freely available.

Internet Explorer (I.E.) is a browser by Microsoft and bundled with Windows operating systems. Microsoft don't make IE for any other OS so you won't get IE for an iPad. Safari is a browser by Apple and bundled with iPad, Mac, iPhone etc... Browsers are just applications that let you browse the web - they go to the address you type in, they don't 'steer' you towards any paid content. It would help if you could post a link to any of these YouTube videos or other sites that are asking for payment, or just a screen grab from your iPad - hit the home and power buttons together to take one.

Making bookmarks (only IE calls them 'favourites') is straightforward on an iPad - I'm sure there are explanations online about this, but I'm happy to walk it through with screen grabs if it helps.

Cheers, Pete

OK Peter here is my problem.

I want to watch Terry Harrison painting videos,
so I type in the address bar at the top Terry Harrison painting vids.

and it sends me direct to his web site?????????? This one costs £12. 49.

terry h.jpg

but I want you tube videos.

Is there a google search bar anywhere where I can get direct to utube with a direct request?

Attachments

• terry h.jpg
    terry h.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 982

Latest posts

Back