moon

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Did you see the lunar eclipse just now? So stunningly beautiful :shock:

Good through the binoculars when wife and kids let me have a look through them but too shattered to get the telescope out tonight

I've just taken a picture of this glorious site now, here in Birmingham

Here it is (taken with Canon G5, 5 sec at F3.5) with some stars recorded in the frame:

lunareclipse20070303.JPG

Just done another one but have reduced the exposure to 2 secs in an attempt to make the lunar features sharper opposing its trajectory across the sky.

Now starting to come out of totality

lunareclipse20070303_2347.JPG

Thanks kafkaian - that's the closest I've come to seeing it 'cos it clouded over. Sigh. What is it with Cornwall and rubbish weather for eclipses? :roll:

Cheers, Alf

watched the whole thing from beggining to end :D
excellent pictures kafkian .
your pictures show the moon a lot more orange than what we saw here
too much pollution i guess :shock:
alf , i was in cornwall for the last , daytime eclipse
just at the last minute the cloud blocked everything out :cry:

Alf":pcbcake5 said:
Thanks kafkaian - that's the closest I've come to seeing it 'cos it clouded over. Sigh. What is it with Cornwall and rubbish weather for eclipses? :roll:

Cheers, Alf

That's because it is in direct line with Wales so all the cloud has to go over you first to get to us.

Excellent, very clear sky up here. When I looked at about 11pm there were
2 planes in the sky cutting across, brilliant.

Good photo's by the way.

What great photos Kafkaian.

Alf, I was complaining about cloud AFTER the moon was fully eclipsed. It seems I was luckier than you so I should be grateful I guess. You lot in Cornwall never seem to have any luck at all with these things.

Cheers, Sliver.

I spent a while watching the eclipse, but my neighbours 5 doors down were having a karaoke party OUTSIDE, and I couldn't stand another bad rendition of Britney Spears: Hit me baby one more time...........So I went inside.

PS, brilliant pics!

Back