Mood Wood Turnings 2011 - UPDATE 22.11.11

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very nice Lee,

A bead around the clock face ( or recessing the clock face ) might have tied to the parts together some ( in my opinion only to dismiss as required ! )

All the best
Laurence

Hi Lee

This is a lovely clock.

I often find turned closks not to my taste as I do not like the cheap looking numbers that get stuck on.

This however is a lovely simple design which gives a lovely impact. Like George I would have it on my wall too, seeing I only have two of you pieces I think I need a third. :D

Just kidding, it will be well received.

Hi Folks,

Thanks for the additional comments, much appreciated.

Loz, not sure about a bead or recess to the face mate, just did it this way as it felt ok, maybe another design would work with a bead or recessed face but I also wanted to have as little manipulation of the walnut as poss.

Thanks Phil.

Hey Mark,

Perhaps you could let me know what a 'closk' is! LOL!

No doubt one of my fabulous pieces of rubbish will make it to you soon, LOL! Make good fire wood for you mate!!!

Speak soon,

Lee.

A closk is a shoe that the north Mongolian tribes would wear in the snow. Obviously fabricated from animal skin and not wood as trees do not grow on the plains. So that the hunters would know what time dinner was they would add twigs that acted as a form of sun dial.

Your clock and its shape reminded me of this hence why I mentioned it.

I would have thought being an educated man you would have known this. 8)

If you send this to Mark I can sneak round and pinch it :) , as said else where this is a beautiful clock, the skill is in the simplicity,
not easy to do but you`ve nailed it,

Back