Mods - just wondering where that thread went

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loz

Established Member
Reaction score
Where the Mod team decided it belonged.

There is also a paragraph in General Forum Rule: (11.) ..................

"Likewise, discussions regarding moderator actions are not permitted on the forum."

That applies to all members whether thay are directly involved or just an observer, and was at risk of being breached by this post. CHJ

myturn":klo1p1jo said:
yeah, I wondered where it went too.

Are we even allowed to wonder I wonder? :roll:

Mick

Just post it up on the Fore Sale section again , looks a nice lathe ( Woodfast painted green ) and will do someone new a turn :mrgreen: ( Get it :lol: )

With comments about the lathe and parts that come with it and a price

It will be OK and left in place if the rules are observed

We ALL need to keep to the guidelines

Simple's :wink:

? @ Blister response -

I was talking about the post about setting up a website to sell craft items. - but i guess Chas's quote is a shut up..........

loz":gi5cf9wi said:
? @ Blister response -

I was talking about the post about setting up a website to sell craft items. - but i guess Chas's quote is a shut up..........

Opps !

I thought you were commenting on Mick's lathe for sale post :oops:

Blister":1963yj2f said:
Just post it up on the Fore Sale section again , looks a nice lathe ( Woodfast painted green ) and will do someone new a turn :mrgreen: ( Get it :lol: )
Sod that Allen, my aim was to give forum members first refusal which I would have thought would be welcomed but not so.

In future I won't be so inclined and members will potentially miss out on a bargain because of *@!_)(*&^%$£"£"!!)(*&^%$£(*&^ [member edit: saved them the trouble of editing that]

P.S
Is there an Aft Sale section as well ? :wink:

Hi,

From what I can gather the OP posted an item for sale but it should have gone in the for sale section. It was moved by a MOD and the OP was informed.

Not to sure about a rule being created that essentially allows all moderators to have final decision without question though! Seems like an anti-forum rule that one. We already have a lot of forum copping and junior modding at UKW!

Unfortunately, without the original moderator input this topic is likely to have no real substance. Since it appears that the moderator has not adequately explained or supported this issue for the benefit of those enquiring, I feel it is unlikely to happen. Maybe Chaz could direct us to the original thread?

Cheers,

Lee.

AH HA!!!
Now I think I dont know
Or maybe I do??
But if I do why is it that I dont
I wonder iffff??
No it cant be that because
I dont know anything about that !!
What ever it was ??
Oh well. Byee.

by the look of the reply from Chas, the mods decided the thread belonged in the " for sale" section, indeed which it did, but i cant see any problem with putting a link or message here to inform the turners here that probably dont visit that section that there was a lathe for sale, as blister has done in the scrollsaw section..

skeetoids":h04n2md8 said:
Hi,

From what I can gather the OP posted an item for sale but it should have gone in the for sale section. It was moved by a MOD and the OP was informed.

Not to sure about a rule being created that essentially allows all moderators to have final decision without question though! Seems like an anti-forum rule that one. We already have a lot of forum copping and junior modding at UKW!

Unfortunately, without the original moderator input this topic is likely to have no real substance. Since it appears that the moderator has not adequately explained or supported this issue for the benefit of those enquiring, I feel it is unlikely to happen. Maybe Chaz could direct us to the original thread?

Cheers,

Lee.

Lee you need to get a job with one of the tabloids, making a critical post without knowing the facts, making incorrect assumptions, your post seems to me to be about par for the course for such employment.

The thread being referred to was nothing to do with a thread started by the opening poster (loz).
The thread that Loz was enquiring about was removed by the mod team because of potential problems the mod team foresaw with UKW liability and not wishing to get involved with advertising and being a venture that could have tax and legal implications.
The originator of that thread was informed as to why his threads were removed.

As for your comment about adequate explanations, my initial editing of the opening post tells Loz why the thread referred to by him was removed, and although I have now told everyone why in this particular case, if you think I and other moderators are going to list in public all the comments and discussions that go on behind the scenes via PM with other members each day I'm afraid you are going to be disappointed, the actions of the mods and any related messages are all kept on record for admin and legal scrutiny, including all the abusive and discourteous comments that appear in aggrieved posters threads and PM's that lead the mod team to take collective action.

stevebuk":155x5h3k said:
by the look of the reply from Chas, the mods decided the thread belonged in the " for sale" section, indeed which it did, but i cant see any problem with putting a link or message here to inform the turners here that probably dont visit that section that there was a lathe for sale, as blister has done in the scrollsaw section..

Yet another poster making wrong assumptions, :!: :!:

Just as a matter of intrest, I think I know which post Loz. was enquering about.
As the Mods deemed there was a problem with it,would if not have been better to send a PM to loz and give him the
chance to withdraw his Question ?
What has happened has only highlighted what ever it was.
REgards Boysie

I have absolutely no idea what this is all about!

However, we don't pay for this forum, we don't elect anyone and we join in on the strict understanding that the moderators have the final say over any posting.

Any posts that try and inflame a situation I find annoying in the extreme and indeed Lee, there is no point in 'questioning the moderator' as you so eloquently shout it in capital letters. Those personally involved have been PM'd as I understand it. Please, just accept what has happened and lets move on. There are other far more interesting things to look at on this forum.

Back