Modified my workbench

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulrbarnard

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Yes I made the stupid mistake and sawed straight into the top. I have to say the Festool TS55 didn’t give any outward sign it was eating the bench. I was doing a plunge cut in the middle of a board and misjudged how close to the top I was.

I now have a nice mahogany band inlay. Shame it is on an odd angle and randomly placed.

4A9843E3-2BED-4FC3-AFA3-AD3307528760.jpeg

If Microsoft made your work bench, they would declare that to be a new feature, and they'd also have moved your vice to the opposite side of the bench, hidden your chisels in a cupboard that you didn't know your bench had built in, and locked you out of your workshop until they'd finished updating your bench dog holes.They'd also change the position of the switches on all your power tools.You'd be allowed back into your workshop only when your house had finished rebooting. ;-) ...maybe ..if you were lucky .

ps..Nice clamps .. I have many the same :)

Last edited:
Nice battle scar - Post a pic when you've flush sawn it!
This is the problem when you make a shift from hand tools to power tools. A whole new set of mistakes to make. I made the bench 22 years ago so it’s already pretty battered but a deep saw cut was a bit of a bummer.

I’ll flush it down tomorrow. It will certainly be serviceable.

🙃 it happens

The other day i was cutting ply sheets for a floor, using an old level under one edge to pull the ply off the floor a bit and as i neared the end of the cut the sawdust got a bit shiny.... and the level has a clean saw cut in one edge 😆

Latest posts

Back