Mix With sawdust woodfiller

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonnyD

Established Member
Reaction score
I am doing a reclaimed parquet floor about 50m2 at the moment in teak . Being reclaimed theres the odd hole and small gap that needs filling. I am after any recommendations for products that can be mixed with sanding dust or any experiences of using them . Are they significantly better than mixing your own up with glue? I have found products online by bona, lecol and manns but there may well be others.

Cheers

Jon

Jon,

I have used glue and sawdust in the past. I keep a small plastic bag of bandsaw dust just in case. If you are using that method, and you don't have exactly the right colour of sawdust, stain the sawdust before you mix in the glue, as most glues resist stain when they are dry.
John :)

Hi Woody,

The smell of resin reminds me too much of the days when I was obliged to drive around in 'rust-buckets', and was continually fixing the bodywork! Although, resin would work, it would mean sanding. It is Hell to a plane iron and I'd definitely want to use the right colour of dust, or stain it first.

John :)

Lecol mixed with the "fine" dust from the flooring was my "weapon" of choice when filling floors, no need to stain!
mack

I did a floor some years ago in Maple and used Lecol 7500 - good stuff, just don't mix a lot of it up at once as it's got a relatively short pot life of around say 5mins. I would use the dust from the last run or 2 of the sander, as it's likeliest to be the cleanest. Sealed it all with a water based Bona sealer and the homeowners were chuffed to bits.

Here's some piccies of the one I did

DSC_0567.jpg

DSC_0570.jpg

Knee pads - don't skimp! I use Snickers workpants, which I rate as having probably the most effective kneepads - and my knees still hurt like hell at the end of each day.

What are you going to use to stick the blocks down with?

Dibs

p.s. Keep say half a plasterbag's worth of the final sawdust behind, just in case you need to repair something in the future, etc.

Back