Mitre saw blade recommendations

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, the Bosch blades are actually good quality. Also, the Axcalibur brand from Axminster aren't too bad either. Otherwise, I'd recommend Freud, just like everyone else! :D

What's wrong with your old blade? Is it blunt or are you just looking for a cleaner cut?

OPJ":1l7y75ab said:
Yes, the Bosch blades are actually good quality. Also, the Axcalibur brand from Axminster aren't too bad either. Otherwise, I'd recommend Freud, just like everyone else! :D

What's wrong with your old blade? Is it blunt or are you just looking for a cleaner cut?

A friend borrowed it to cut lots of 6x2 pressure treated joists and hardwood decking and offered to buy me a new blade in return.

I looked at various sites and just got confused by "negative rake" "thin kerf" etc etc

Probably just go for a direct replacement Bosch.

I'm currently using one of the Axcalibur blades from Axminster on my DW703. I've mainly used it for skirtings and mouldings so far but the results are very good...nice clean cuts with little or no splintering...good value for money IMO.

Negative rake angle is what you want on a sliding mitre saw blade although, Bosch blades should have this as standard anyway. :)

Back