Missing members

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

martinka

Established Member
Reaction score
Posting to the forum has slowed a little just lately, but there's a few people conspicuous by their absence recently. I hope that, like SteveB, they are just taking a well deserved rest, or are too busy, and that it's not something more serious.
Maybe they are sick of seeing motorbikes. :mrgreen:

I know a couple of members who have not been on here for at least a year now. I know one of them got a bit frustrated and decided to leave and at the time the only question that seemed to keep coming up on a daily basis was, what saw should I buy or is this cheap Chiwanese saw any good. At the time the member mentioned it was no where as good as the American forums. But I am still here and over the last couple of months I feel this forum has excelled, not only for new members but some very interesting post.

Baldhead":2gqhy0h1 said:
Not a scroller as such but I still check these pages daily.

Baldhead
Same here. I don't have a scroll saw but am always interested in the more complex stuff you all produce.

As a newbie to the hobby I'm very interested in getting my first purchase right, but can understand that long term members must be very bored with seeing the same old topics of which machine, which blade and where does wood come from!

Is it possible to have a sub forum for scrolling tools then discussions like projects, recently removed digits and tales about trade shows could be kept mainstream?

Thanks to all the advice from you all I've now decided on what machine to purchase... Just have to convince the other half it's not a whim!!

Chippygeoff":3gdc6soz said:
I know a couple of members who have not been on here for at least a year now. I know one of them got a bit frustrated and decided to leave and at the time the only question that seemed to keep coming up on a daily basis was, what saw should I buy or is this cheap Chiwanese saw any good. At the time the member mentioned it was no where as good as the American forums. But I am still here and over the last couple of months I feel this forum has excelled, not only for new members but some very interesting post.

Geoff, I was thinking more of members who are generally around now, such as ChrisR and Eugene, and yourself, as you hadn't posted for a week or two or three. :) I wouldn't know ones from a year ago, and they are unlikely to come back anyway.

Thank you for your post Martin,I had also noticed the absence of a couple of members :roll: .Hoping that they are well and we will being hearing from them shortly. :roll:

Bryan

Baldhead":11l7ey9v said:
Not a scroller as such but I still check these pages daily.

Baldhead
I always enter the main board via new posts so I see all the new entries in all the sub-forums - such as this one.

I don't do scrolling work but find some interesting - certainly very accomplished.

Martin.
Thanks for the concern, I am OK, but have computer problems.

Re the stopping 0f (Windows XP) support, on the 8th April by Microsoft. I took advice from a local computer technician who is a good friend of my broth-in-law, to stop using (XP) as soon as possible, also my old computer was not capable of running a new system. :cry:

So I have purchased a new computer with (Windows 8.1) much against my better judgment and it is driving me around the twist, old dog new tricks and all that. #-o

I did say that if I had to upgrade, that would be the end of my computer usage.

The above technician has offered to come and give me some help, I certainly need it, as I have posted on here before, I am not at all computer savvy. :roll:

As soon as I am sorted and comfortable with the operation of this new beast, I will be back as a regular user all things being equal. :D

Thanks again for the concern.

All the best.

Chris R.

My wife has got Windows 8 on her laptop Chris and it drives her crackers.
I have Windows 7 which is much more useable in my opinion.
You could try asking the technician if he can install Windows 7 for you?

If you configure windows 8.1 to run in desktop mode then it appears much the same a win7 except for differing file manager layout.
Changing back and forth between desktop and Apps, mode is a click of the mouse.

There are more changes to the interface coming shortly in an update to give more interface configuration options for those wishing to work with an older looking interface.

Have a look at http://www.pcworld.com/article/2043243/ ... s-8-1.html or the many other sites that discuss this.

Hi Guys. I haven't been on for a while due to ill health. Hopefully I am on the right track to getting better. I also have had loads of problems with my laptop. So I am looking forward to asking for and giving advice. :D

Cheers

I haven't posted much recently but then I don't think I will be missed! I seem to upset more people than I enthral #-o

martinka":1zhm064t said:
scrimper":1zhm064t said:
I haven't posted much recently but then I don't think I will be missed! I seem to upset more people than I enthral #-o

Awwwwww. :-({|= :D

I do ride a motor bike though if that helps? (Honda ST1100 Pan European) (hammer)

Anyone who rides 2 wheels is a good 'un in my opinion, even Pan riders. :mrgreen: I have to say that because my brother in law rides a Pan, a 1300, I think. I'm afraid I would need a ladder to get an one of those, and 6" platform sole boots to reach the floor. :D

Back