Mirror door removal without slashing my wrists!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keenedge

Established Member
Reaction score
We need to remove two mirror panels which are wardrobe doors. they are basically framed 6 foot by 3 foot, they won't fit done the winding stairs and I've built a porch where they might have gone out of the window if I dared twist a 6ft piece of glass to fit through a 2ft 6" window.
Any thoughts on masking tape all over and scoring with a glass cutter followed by some careful hammer work to tap the glass into handy sized pieces?

Just get a cheep glass cutter, score a line with the glass on a dust sheet on the floor then turn the glass over and put a piece of batton behind the score mark and push gently. The glass will cleanly snap along the score mark.

:D

Can you take the glass out of the frame thereby making the item smaller so that it might fit down the stairs?

Take the frame off, all the ones i have used have steel frames, just prise the tabs apart so one corner comes away, then as mentioned, get a cheapy glas cutte, and cut in half, or even three. It probably has plastic backing, just score, shap then cut the palstic with a stanley knife. Like cutting platerboard. 8)

Thanks guys, done as suggested, no dramas. Just the clear up from hell as the previous owner must have got gripfill free from work!!!! Screwed and glued to everything. Grrr

Back