Minimax SC3

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

murrayeast

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Does anyone have, or has anyone used a Minimax SC3 panel saw?

Just interested to hear any comments about ease of use, build quality etc, or even alternatives. I am looking to upgrade my current saw fairly soon, and need something that will be able to cope with large boards, not nesecarily 8 x4 s though.

cheers

murray

I'm pretty experienced with the SC3. No longer being made but a very nice entry level saw, at least it was in the states in the early 90's. I worked for a dealer as a tech and we sold a lot of them. The trunnions were a bit different. Basically a hinge point just under the table top so on angle cuts the rip fence calibration was off but most folks used it for making boxes and cabinets at 90 degrees. It worked great with standard plywood sheets, melamine, etc and you could use it on lumber with the right blades. Also had a scoring blade that ran off the main motor and could be dropped down easily when not needed.

Once you use a panel saw it's hard to use a plain cabinet saw. Being able to cross cut a 48" table top is a nice thing.

Hi Rick,

Your right about being to be able to cross cut large boards. Easier and often more accurate!

I shal have to have a look at the tunnions etc. Thanks for the reply

murray

hi murray,

i have one of these panel saws in good condition but which i rarely use.
as you only live a couple of miles from me i was wondering if you would be interested in viewing it with a view to buying it. please pm me if you are interested.

colin

Latest posts

Back