MiniMax S500P v Centauro CO500 v Felder FB510 Bandsaws

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi guys,

I got the fb610 and the rest of my new workshop wired in today, so i will get a video up of startup and resawing at some point. Not had a chance to push anything through it yet, it did require a neutral to run and its got a dc brake, which I didnt know...

Bradshaw Joinery":p2efaidj said:
Hi guys,

I got the fb610 and the rest of my new workshop wired in today, so i will get a video up of startup and resawing at some point. Not had a chance to push anything through it yet, it did require a neutral to run and its got a dc brake, which I didnt know...

Fantastic, yes please! Any chance you could also take a shot
Of where the upper guide assembly attaches to the main chassis please?

Bet you're rather excited to be up and running right now!
Many thanks :)
Nick

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm.........

Ace review thanks, probably the best BS machine inspection i've seen, tbf, and i've certainly been looking for 500mm+ reviews.

Not sure what to think really, the fence assembly's fairly poop, and i'm not entirely certain what the implications of a sealed guide assembly are, it may be a good thing to help keep it free of dust...

Have you missed a trick with the table and no locking mechanism ? Seems rather odd to me mate.

How would you assess the value of the Felder ? Are you happy overall ?
Good job Olly, this has certainly helped me, and will help others no doubt :)

Cheers
Nick

hi orchard i have had a good look at the locking mechanism for the tilt and there is definitely no way to lock it up other than that to tighten the bolts on the mechanism and that is quite awkward. i can only see it being an issue when you're using big timber as i bevelled some pieces today and it worked quite well. if ripping a lot of timber i may invest in a deeper gullet blade with a lower tpi as this 1 while being quite quick still leaves quite a good finish so i feel i can get away with a quick lower tpi.

I think its ok value, id probably look out for a s/h onr on ebay, ive seen two in the last 12 months sell for about £1200. Im not overy impressed with the on off switch its feels cheaper than any other of my machines....

I woukd say im happy itll do the job I want it to, but feel i should have gone for the bigger model.with the round bar fence and heavier sections. But at doubke the price it didnt seem worth it!

The motor is.more than ppwrrful enough, I cant remember if I went for a upgraded 3phase or not.

Back