Mini digger security

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anywhere that you have junkies then everything becomes fair game because to you it may be worth thousands but to the junkie it is just another fix.
Surely not a digger?

Cordless tools yes!

Diggers usually by career criminals?!

but ideally make it so it won't start at all.
Then they just use a lead with croc clips from the battery to the pump solenoid, if it starts and then stops this in the heat of the moment just blows there little minds because now it is not obvious as to whats wrong, could be low fuel or something and the clocks ticking so they leave.

Then they just use a lead with croc clips from the battery to the pump solenoid, if it starts and then stops this in the heat of the moment just blows there little minds because now it is not obvious as to whats wrong, could be low fuel or something and the clocks ticking so they leave.
I'm probably being a big thick so forgive me, but what do i need to make the oil pressure switch setup work? Or is it simply a toggle switch interrupting the wire for the oil pressure switch?
I try to avoid electrics where possible 😁

As some responers have pointed out you need to make it a pain for them in terms of time-consuming fiddling.My wifes Bianchina van in the sixtys had a tiny toggle switch hidden behind the steering column on the low tension side of the ignition circuit. However,presumably you have your mini digger insured and they will set security requirements especilly if you have it on an unattended site so if you stick to what set then you should be covered.

I'm picking it up this weekend..... insurance is something I need to tackle today / tomorrow. Its quite good timing because ive felt for a while that my current insurance is lacking ( currently my workshop is uninsured, a shipping container in a field )
Previously I phoned a couple of companies and they didnt want to know. Too high risk i guess? My brother told me about a company he currently uses who were apparently very good, so im going to try there.

Leave it parked up in an improbable position, with the engine hatch open, a few old spare parts laid on one of the tracks and a note in the window 'broken down, fitter coming tomorrow'.

Perhaps you need to think out of the box?
Surely this might inspire
Screenshot-2022-12-7 Picnic Funny Clip Classic Mr Bean 100,000 SUBSCRIBERS - YouTube.png

Or how about some noisy awkward solution, chains within poles, alarms within
which one, is there a puzzle?
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRdejuwpPeILmoGDcI2c35cok0Qn-1RnN6GvA&usqp=CAU

Last edited:
Take the tags off of it and put a general motors badge of some sort on it. Nobody will want it.

Put a tarp over it and put note in it kids climbing frame....

They'll get so exited till Christmas, run down stairs Christmas morning pull off the tarp and find your digger!! 😭😭

Your Mrs goes nuclear.....!! 😡😡

I'd drive 300miles to watch that!🤣🤣🤣🤣

Back