Might buy myself a xmas pressie.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

artie

Sawdust manufacturer.
Reaction score
Would this be an adequate beginner model?

Creality Ender-3 S1 Pro 3D Printer

Is is £509 with the AMS unit. You can buy the printer alone for £369 which seems like a great price to me.

In a similar vein, I recently bought a Creality K1 - unboxed it, turned it on and printed the first print without needing to do anything else - not cheap at around £450, but how do you value your time and frustration of needing to mess around with a lesser printer?

Thanks, that seems like good advice.

I'm still dithering, lets see what new year sales bring.

I picked up the ender v3 se earlier in the year and I have absolutely now experience in 3d printing but it worked out great had it set up in 30 minutes went through the self leveling and started printing. Can't fault it.

Yes, fairly happy. It's actually a K1 Max, but no matter which printer you get, there's always somebody, somewhere, who comes up with 'improvements'! It printed just fine straight out of the box, which was impressive and many people would have been happy with that, but then you start reading of improvements which others have made and so the journey starts. :) So far, I've moved the filament spool from the back to the side and fitted short extensions to raise the top cover, neither of which are essential to do. I really can't see anything else that's going to be necessary, but you never know!

G.

Could you point me to where you got the K1 max for £450.

The ones I saw were much more.

I'm lucky as my pressie was the Ender S1 Pro - I too have no experience but printed stuff on day 1 after setting it up with no issues. Very happy with it and can't complain - my wife tells me she did a reasonable amount of research before settling on it.... I've never researched so have no benchmark to base against just the use of it but like I say happy user here.
Now trying to get to better grips with various software and have printed a few more things including a vacuum coupler for the workshop using my hobbyist version of Fusion 360 and the Creality Print.

HTH

Padster

I have a clone of it (I think) which is a Voxelab something. It is my son‘s (but now it is mine 💀)

I’ve been using it to make no end of templates for woodworking. It has been very useful. It can make templates accurate to a few thou. I’ve been using Onshape for CAD, which is free for personal use, the iPad version is terrible but the online PC version pretty good.

i have to say 3d printing is a total faff, with no end of adhesion issues, bed levelling problems, and the worst of all, PLA tangles.
IMG_4537.jpeg
IMG_4526.jpeg

I'm still dithering, been looking at reviews on utube, each vid I watch I change my mind, there's so much to consider.

I can’t really advise because I inherited mine, but if there’s any feature that helps reduce PLA tangles then that’s the one to get. Nothing more frustrating than setting off a long print at bedtime only to find it still going trying to print in thin air in the morning. The prints take such a long time that any kind of interruption feature or tangle detection would be great.

If I were getting my first 3D printer now I would buy the new Bambu Lab A1 printer and enjoy 3D printing rather than fiddling with a 3D printer:
https://uk.store.bambulab.com/products/a1?variant=40898087551036
It is a more expensive at £369 but is a far superior machine.
I agree! It's a very good printer and is now I feel the defacto quality entry level machine although bare in mind its does have filament limitations and this is not really a upgradeable printer, if youre a tinkerer then dont buy this machine but if all you want to do is print with a few filament types only and get on and do something else this is the perfect machine as from the box it pretty well prints perfectly and very quickly unless its various colours.

The 4 filament AMS can now be mounted on the top of the machine to reduce the overall footprint, ask Bambu for the STL file. You can also find a user friendly filament dryer x 4 on Printables for it.

Back