Midlands turning help.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steve w

Reaction score
Hi, I was wondering if there are any Turners in the midlands area - wolves, cannock, Stafford or Birmingham who would maybe let me watch them turn, the local club night conflicts with work so cant attend and there seems to be very little tuition in the area, if someone could spare the odd hour it would be appreciated, Steve

If you can get yourself to Pershore you could do a lot worse than booking yourself a day with Mark Hancock (www.markhancock.co.uk/). Pretty much guarantee you wouldn't be disappointed. I've been to see him a couple of times from well north of you and found it invaluable.

Thank you for the time to reply Chris - it is appreciated - i have beel looking at viusiting Mark and a couple of other Tutors also look interesting - i had hoped there might be a local turner who i could meet up with to maybe learn a bit from and also share the wood which i am able to get from time to time, - once again thanks.

steve w":317gqdnp said:
Thank you for the time to reply Chris - it is appreciated - i have beel looking at viusiting Mark and a couple of other Tutors also look interesting - i had hoped there might be a local turner who i could meet up with to maybe learn a bit from and also share the wood which i am able to get from time to time, - once again thanks.
steve did you get the pm i sent

red dave":1kd88s7d said:
steve w":1kd88s7d said:
steve did you get the pm i sent

Hi Dave - just got the pm - for some reason is hadnt shown i had a message, - much appreciated for the reply. steve

MusicMan":1zoppcfa said:
Steve

I'm in Warwick, not too far, and would gladly spend some time helping you with the basics.

Keith

That would be appreciated Keith - Thank you, I am away working for the next week but will send you a pm when i return to see if we can sort a day out when i could pop over. :) - Thank you. Steve

chrisfarrow":ha1tpee0 said:
If you can get yourself to Pershore you could do a lot worse than booking yourself a day with Mark Hancock (http://www.markhancock.co.uk/). Pretty much guarantee you wouldn't be disappointed. I've been to see him a couple of times from well north of you and found it invaluable.

Chris
Thank you for the recommendation. Hope all is going well.

Steve
If you want to give me a call we can discuss if I can be of any help.

Mark Hancock":12y20klm said:
chrisfarrow":12y20klm said:
If you can get yourself to Pershore you could do a lot worse than booking yourself a day with Mark Hancock (http://www.markhancock.co.uk/). Pretty much guarantee you wouldn't be disappointed. I've been to see him a couple of times from well north of you and found it invaluable.

Chris
Thank you for the recommendation. Hope all is going well.

Steve
If you want to give me a call we can discuss if I can be of any help.

Thanks for the reply Mark - will do - a few have reccommended you here and on another forum so you must be good,

Hi. Also in the local area and new to turning so if there any groups or a turner who wants to help in anyway please let me know

Hi,
just joined the forum,and read your posting.
My name is paul & i live in wolverhampton.
I would be happy for you to come and do some turning with me in my humble garage workshop.
I am usually free most afternoons after 2.30pm & at weekends,
If you have a project or an idea you need help with,bring the materials with you & i will do my best to help !
look forward to your reply.
kind regards paul.

Hi lee.
Have just tried also to give you my contact details through this forum,with no success.
What messaging app do you have.
Just about to find out through the forum,if there is a way to share contact information with other members securely!
Let me know if you find a solution.

woodnut54":20amf8u3 said:
Hi lee.
Have just tried also to give you my contact details through this forum,with no success.
What messaging app do you have.
Just about to find out through the forum,if there is a way to share contact information with other members securely!
Let me know if you find a solution.
The PM facility will be activated on your account after you have made three forum posts, (anti spam block)

Back