MFT Jigs / Templates

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

segovia

Established Member
Reaction score
My MFT table upgrade is growing arms and legs, I was thinking of adding a sacrificial strip and some extra holes. Also contemplating making a drill press table with MFT holes.

Looking at my options there is Trend, UJK and plenty of stuff on eBay.

I like UJK tools, but is it only me that thinks that it's fiddly and time-consuming, what am I missing ?

I can get the Trend for circa £120.00, any others I should consider ?

Last edited:
I like UJK tolls, but is it only me that thinks that it's fiddly and time-consuming, what am I missing ?
I assume you are talking about the Parf guide 2, it works and delivers a good result but you do have to drill the 3mm holes first and then drill out to 20mm with the supplied drill and using the so called " Woodpecker action " otherwise the drill clogs. If you search theses forums there has been some good articles about the MFT and boring the 20mm holes, I am in the camp who believes using a plunge router would be the better option because it avoids any rocking action in using a drill so potentially tighter holes but others are happy drilling. There is an article about MFT jigs by @petermillard who compares several including the Trend and another where he uses the more expensive LR32 system but he is also in the process of hitting the market with his version so maybe hang on a little longer. It will grow arms and legs but if you want even more arms and legs also look at using the Matchfit dovetail slots which I have placed between my 20mm holes and use for clamping and jigs but also used them for router table fences and there are many other uses, the 20mm holes for alignment and keeping things square whilst the Matchfit slots for clamping.

LR32

Jig comaprison

I have a CNC'd template I bought from this forum, to use with a router and 12m cutter (I think). You are welcome to buy it from me for for a small amount plus postage (or collect from East London).
It's about 100cm x 30cm, so postage might be a tad higher than normal.
I don't need it anymore. The next time I get an MFT top, I will get one CNC'd for me for 100% accuracy.

I have a CNC'd template I bought from this forum, to use with a router and 12m cutter (I think). You are welcome to buy it from me for for a small amount plus postage (or collect from East London).
It's about 100cm x 30cm, so postage might be a tad higher than normal.
I don't need it anymore. The next time I get an MFT top, I will get one CNC'd for me for 100% accuracy.

Hi - Still in the design phase at the moment, please share what you have, and I'll take a look—Thanks John

Back