Metal powder and CA

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dalboy

Established Member
Reaction score
I have been using metal powders and CA glue, well the glue I have tried so far has been the cheap thin stuff from the pound shop and find that it tends to run off the powder instead of soaking in. Is this because of the glue or is it a characteristic of using the powder and glue.
Would it be better to use something like epoxy and mix the powder in with it

I had very similar experiences, trying to fill cracks with sawdust or metal powders and CA glue. I watched all the youtubers filling cracks with wood dust/metal powders/coffee grounds, and spotting glue in on top before turning and finishing. When I tried, the filler seemed to just fall back out again. I normally buy the Screwfix own brand thick and medium thick CA (the thick comes with a can of accelerator) and have tried zap a gap or whatever it is called thin stuff.
Lately I got 2 bottles of very thin CA glue from my local poundstretcher store. This cost £1 a bottle for 20ml despite what the flash price says. For the first time ever, I have found a glue that will soak into fillers and bind to the timber.
DSCN0120_zpsw8jrdyav.jpg

I'm going back to grab as much of it as I can get my grubby mits on.

Back