Metabo Jigsaw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andrewm

Established Member
Reaction score
There have been a couple of threads recently about choosing jigsaws so thought I would post a quick heads up to say that I received a Protrade catalogue on Wednesday and they are offering the Metabo STE135 plus at £79+VAT compared to normal price of £129+VAT. Looks like they may be stopping stocking it. Ordered one Wednesday at it duly arrived yesterday. Not used it in anger but powered it up and it sure feels better than my aging B+D.

Note that this is the version without the handle over the top, just a knob at the front. It was in any case my preference because being left handed I find the handle over kind gets accidently locked on because the locking button is on the left.

No connection with the company etc...

Andrew

Hi Andrew,
Did you have a chance to play with your new toy at the weekend? I'm very interested in this - the price is by far the cheapest I've seen and I need a new jigsaw.
Also, was the carry case a systainer type like Festool use? I know Metabo use these sometimes.
Darren

I bought the Metabo last year but replaced it with the Bosch the next day. I found that the blade deviated significantly from the vertical with thicker timber on the Metabo and doesn't on the Bosch. That said at the time the prices were like for like so it was much easier to make the decision.

Cheers

Tim

Back