Melinda's 5' board challenge

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Melinda_dd

Established Member
Reaction score
Ok here we go. ........

I wanted to make a clock. ... but I also wanted to make myself a jewellery box ...
I couldn't decide so.... I've combined the 2.
I think I've lost it and finally flipped as I'm really doubtfull that I'll manage it and pull off anything like I've designed.
But I want to push myself.. a little bit harder than I usually do.

Now I'm no artist, and I dont think the proportions are right but this is what ive come up with.
May get adjusted as I go along... but we'll see.

The bit on the top looks wrong in the picture but it will be routed details built up.... this will depend on what router bits I have... and what looks right when I get there!!
I've done A LOT of googling and I know what look I'm aiming for.

So here it is for you laughing pleasure :oops:

Attachments

• clock.jpeg
    clock.jpeg
    9.7 KB · Views: 2,315
Looks very interesting Melinda. =D>

Hope you don't mind, i borrowed your pic and sorted the white balance for you. ;)

Oh and rotated it

If you want to pinch it back and use it in your OP it's there for you. Your camera should have white balance settings? Try either the one with a light bulb or one that looks like a florescent tube. ;)

Thanks for that.... will investigate the white balance thing on my phone......

Thats all I use as my camera has lost its charger, my partners won't let me change the size so it goes on this forum, and evetytime i fight with photo bucket... i come off worse!!
And I'm ban from using my partners BIG camera.... I'm jinxed you see with cameras... 1 week holiday in malta.... 3 cameras broke....
A trip to the hospital for X rays.... x ray machine broke
Trip for an mri....... mri stopped working!!!

So I tend to stick to what works and thats the surgically implanted mobile on my left hand!!!! :lol:
.....although I don't know why it rotates everything once it's on here!! Its fine on my phone!

Anyway thanks again

That's what I thought. ... till I put them on here and they're the wrong way round.

That sites way too technical for me!!!

Thank you. .. I think I may need luck!!

I've very slightly adjusted my plans... just to refine it a little ad it just didn't look right
I've shortened it a touch, made all the draws the same and thinned it a touch too.

I think it looks better proportioned now

Attachments

• 20140203_204400-1.jpg
    20140203_204400-1.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 2,072
eeer, Melinda...you wont be able to tell the time with that clock as it has no hands..... #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o :lol: :lol: :lol:

riclepp":1s96qj7d said:
eeer, Melinda...you wont be able to tell the time with that clock as it has no hands..... #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o :lol: :lol: :lol:
That's why she wanted the black stringing :mrgreen:

Ok. Having read dodges latest post o the main thread...... I reread the rules! !!!

Opps! Haven't submitted a picture of me board :?

So out to the garage I trudged to get my picture of ythe board... in torrential rain, 40mph winds, pitch black.........IN MY PJ'S!!!

So here it is.... oak, thicknessed, exact right length, but a little too wide so that part will not be used.....
So I think that's it... I think I've fulfilled what I have to take part. ....
Everything except picking up a tool and starting it!!!

Yet again the wrong way round. .. but I was cold and weren't hanging about to take it again!

Attachments

• 20140214_202845.jpg
    20140214_202845.jpg
    207.2 KB · Views: 1,725
Melinda_dd":1d2c12vn said:
Ok. Having read dodges latest post o the main thread...... I reread the rules! !!!

So out to the garage I trudged to get my picture of ythe board... in torrential rain, 40mph winds, pitch black.........IN MY PJ'S!!!

So here it is.... oak, thicknessed, exact right length, but a little too wide so that part will not be used.....

Yet again the wrong way round. .. but I was cold and weren't hanging about to take it again!

is it an iphone thing- mine has this issue too. however you take the pic it is always wrong when you upload.

marcros":1nlct6ri said:
Melinda_dd":1nlct6ri said:

is it an iphone thing- mine has this issue too. however you take the pic it is always wrong when you upload.

Mine's a samsung galaxy s3mini.... and yes same as you... I need to learn to take a picture both ways and preview first before posting!
.......tonight however I feared for my life... it was either drowning, hypothermia, or the garage being picked up wizard of oz style and being relocated somewhere. ... I wasn't hanging about!!!

Thanks for turning it by the way rspsteve

marcros":3r5yt1p7 said:
Melinda_dd":3r5yt1p7 said:

I think it's a Photobucket thing, it does it with my Xperia. :roll:

Don't use photo bucket unless I have too...usually if I take the picture in too high rez and have to resize.... this wasn't a photo bucket picture.

Lagging behind on this!!

New job, partner has broken wrist, and a commision to finish taking all my time...
I'm not impressed! :x

Melinda_dd":10wwmu3i said:
Lagging behind on this!!

New job, partner has broken wrist, and a commision to finish taking all my time...
I'm not impressed! :x
Tut Tut and i thought women were supposed to be good at multi tasking.
stirthepot.gif

LOL

Ha ha!!! I usually am!

My partner is a gardener by trade so I'm doing all the stuff in our garden which needs to be done... which is a lot coming into spring ..... as with a broken wrist limits what can be done comfortably!

.....this means no workshop time for me :(
But if it keeps my partner happy.... has to be done!!

Back