Mekkemikkel's new workshop WIP

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Krysstel":3snsfkrv said:
Krysstel's not Norwegian :wink:

Mark

Oh dear, you're not English are you Mark?

I would say that he used to be English, but he probably would not speek to me again if i did.... :lol:

Krysstel":x2ufnvw2 said:
Noel":x2ufnvw2 said:
Krysstel":x2ufnvw2 said:
Krysstel's not Norwegian :wink:

Mark

Oh dear, you're not English are you Mark?

Pinner, Middx :wink:

We all have crosses to bear...

I've only ever met 2 Norwegians that I can recall, Henning and Petter Solberg, nice guys.

Noel":k55ybbl3 said:
I've only ever met 2 Norwegians that I can recall, Henning and Petter Solberg, nice guys.
No wonder you are impressed by our English... TopGear was in Norway and Henning Solberg attended the show as a driver. James May said something like "luckily he's better at driving than speaking English".... :lol:

In my fire engine thread Dibs-h asked about my paint room, but I thought I should reply in this thread instead:

Dibs-h":w74khikc said:
Your paint room - what's the set up in terms of extraction\filters\etc.? There looks to be extraction at the top?

Cheers

Dibs

In the ceiling i got a fan that blows fresh air in to the room, through filters to remove any dust. The filters are actually bags for vacuum cleaners!

DSC_2300.JPG

Under the bench I got two fans that sucks the overspray out through paint-stop filters that i bought from a professional filter supplier:

DSC_2301.JPG

The filters stops most of the paint, but some goes through, enough that the fans gets clogged by paint, and the wall outside changes color every time I paint something new...

DSC_2302.JPG

DSC_2303.JPG

DSC_2304.JPG

Does anybody got any tips about how I can stop the rest of that overspray to reach the fans?? :duno:

Interesting question.
What do you think of the idea of re-thinking the operation, and rather than sucking air out through the pumps, you re-figure them so that they are blowing air in. Yes I know that they would have to be moved. You would have to ensure that the room is virtually air tight to maintain the positive pressure, and you could then use a simple cloth filter to trap the gunge from the paint laden air as it is pushed out through a vent. That way your air pumps would not have any contact with the paint at all.

It is what they do in the operating theatres in our local hospital, maintain a positive pressure in the room, and the stale/contaminated air with the exhaled anaesthetic is pushed out.

Hope that is some help

David
ps loved the bed, but I still have doubts: putting blue lights on a bus never fooled anyone ........

Hello everybody!

It’s been a really long time since my last update, sorry!

The reason for this is that I’ve been working with turning my hobby in to a business! :)
I did get the opportunity to make a living out of my workshop and skills, and just had to jump!

I’m already beginning to get some work from other than my relatives - whom has been my reliable “customers” until now - both real woodwork like a large diningtable in oak which I'm working on at the moment, and other work like fitting kitchens.

You are all welcome to visit my business website http://www.treogsant.no but I'm sorry to say the language is only in Norwegian. The company name “Tre&sånt” translates to “wood&stuff”, or something like that :)

In the workshop, my old Luna tablesaw has been replaced by a used Metabo PFK 255 with sliding table, which I bought really cheap. The included fence was real rubbish, so I fitted a Delta-fence imported from US, and I’ve also built exstending tables to it. Now it works like a dream, and I just love the sliding table!

DSC_2504.JPG

DSC_3419.JPG

DSC_3468.JPG

Another update in the workshop is that I built a cyclone for my dust extraction. I used Bill Pentz' plans, and the fan from my old bag-extractor. The cyclone works, and have improved the dust collection, and it has also removed all the problems I had with clogging in the pipes. The only thing I have to do, is to upgrade my filters. I lead the exhaust air back in to the workshop to keep the warm air inside, so I need the air as clean as possible.

M%C3%A5lskisse%20syklon%20basert%20p%C3%A5%20gammelt%20avsug%20og%20to%20b%C3%B8tter.jpg

DSC_3030.JPG

DSC_3062.JPG

I have not had the time to do any more with my problems with the venting of the paint-room, but Acanthus' suggestion seems like something I have to take a look at as soon as possible.

Looks FANTASTIC and the best of luck on your new fulltime job ;-)

What material did you use for the cyclone?

Thank you, Solidmind :)

I built the cyclone of a sheet of 1,5mm aluminium. It was an old sign i had lying around.

I might do a WIP of the build if there is any interest..?

Workshop's looking good :) And good luck with the new business, I'll be doing the same soon after I've set up my workshop.

Here's your site translated via Google Translate, in case anyone doesn't know how to do it.

Cheers _Dan.

goldeneyedmonkey":2d71ll47 said:
Here's your site translated via Google Translate, in case anyone doesn't know how to do it.
Cheers _Dan.
Google's translation gets the meaning of most of it, but I'm not too impressed of the translation of my company name :shock: ! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

WoodAndShit.jpg

Mekkemikkel":1az87jua said:
goldeneyedmonkey":1az87jua said:
Cheers _Dan.
Google's translation gets the meaning of most of it, but I'm not too impressed of the translation of my company name :shock: ! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

WoodAndShit.jpg

I hadn't noticed that! :D :D

_Dan.

Congrats on your new business mate!

I so wish i could do the same!

Best of luck to you and nice additions to the workshop!

Thanks Henning! I just had to give it a go, as I got the opportunity! :)

Today I've delivered the dining room table that I worked with, to a very satisfied customer :)

DSC_3828.JPG

DSC_3830.JPG

Is that oak? What are the dimensions (WxL). The top looks kinda thin or maybe it´s the angle of the photo that gives the illusion...

Very nice job M ( Meget slikt - heter det så? Nej, Kempe flot heter det väl?)

> Does anybody got any tips about how I can stop the rest of that overspray to reach the fans??

I think you need to have multiple stage separation for the paint spray. I recently built a (barely) mobile spray booth and managed to get 0 outflow (or at least I have not found any yet) of paint.

Stage 1 - disposable spray booth filter made from cardboard, similar to this:
http://www.itwifeuro.com/Products/index ... cordID=113

Stage 2 - now you can use this filter you're currently using, to further reduce spray leakage

That's the 2 official rounds I have. I was, hover using my chip collector (4kw) as the blower, so behind it is also then 2 cloth bags for the chips, so those further decreases the escape of paint.

I imagine one could also make a "paint trap" for the last rounds of air outlet, i.e. make a like a box which would have walls covered for example with egg-shaped foam or cloth that would then catch the spray. The very simple "ASCII" graphic below should illustrate the idea...

Mekkemikkel":299t6a36 said:
Thank you, Solidmind :)

I built the cyclone of a sheet of 1,5mm aluminium. It was an old sign i had lying around.

I might do a WIP of the build if there is any interest..?
I, for one, would be very interested.

I am using a small cyclone with a small bucket and it works a treat. But when I tried to build a bigger bin for the dust to drop into it went from 98% in the bin to 50% si I need to do something about that.

I will also soon build a bigger workshop and a big cyclone is something I need but it is difficult to get to Thailand :(

Count me in also for the Work In Progress pictures for the cyclone. I've been planning to make one as well..

Hei Mekkemikkel, jeg får ikke opp alle bildene i tråden. Jeg skal bygge en liknende arbeidsbenk selv og ser fpr meg at jeg vil bygge en noenlunde lik din :)

Back