Mekkemikkel's new workshop WIP

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If those are your first attempts at hand cut dovetails then I may have to shoot you :)

Great work mate, you're going to have a cracking shop there

This is going to be a cracking good place in which to tackle wood!

However, I don't know what you have in your tea in Norway, but if these are first dovetails, then maybe I am the Bishop of Cork after all!

I cut my fist dovetail in 1961, it took me quite a while to get large dovetails cut by hand to look this good! Maybe I should have taken up knitting instead!

All the best

Mike

8)

:D
To stop the shooting of me and the Bishop :shock: I have to confess!

This is my first attempt on dovetails, and the aprons the second - or even fifth, it you count all the corners on the little box!

DSC_0581.JPG

DSC_0587.JPG

Thats more like it! Keep at it! Nice early honest attempts.

Mike

8)

PS there is of course no Bishop of Cork that I know of!

Mike H http://www.corkandross.org/html/diocese ... uckley.jsp
Dunno if he does dovetails but he has a Mitre (i'll fetch my coat)
Not that i'm a pedant or anything or catholic for that matter

Love the workshop Mekklemickle you have given me some great ideas for my first purpose made workshop in progress . Love the scenery as well but you can keep the snow .

What a stunning design and build Mekkemikkel, many congratulations; not that I am jealous about the space you have, nor the views, no not at all.
Could you give us a list of the major bits of kit that you have got in your wonderland please?
And what do you plan to do with your finishing room? anything special to control dust and humidity - that is over and above your built in dust extraction system.

Cheers
David

Fabulous workshop Mekkemikkel, it makes mine look like a rabbit hutch! Fantastic amount of space you have there and of course beautiful views. Is this your job or is it a hobby, I suspect it is your job as it seems pretty major investment for a hobbyist! But you never know... :shock: :D

Hawk Moth":1zkuzkb4 said:
Is this your job or is it a hobby, I suspect it is your job as it seems pretty major investment for a hobbyist! But you never know... :shock: :D

It's built as an hobby-project, but the last year a lot has changed in my life and at the moment, as a few others in here, I wonder if I'll try to turn my hobby into a job - or not.

Project at the moment; firetruck-bed for my 5 year old son! Maybe I'll make a WIP, if there is any interest for a dusty MDF-project :)

Brannbilseng%20SU1.jpg

Hi Mekkemikkel, yes there would indeed be considerable interest in watching you build the bus, Lots of pictures please, and could we have a pic of the view from your windows now and again please.

David

That's right Chems! Might look like an double london-bus, but my son would kill if I told him! Fireman Sam is his HERO! :)

I'll start a new WIP under "Projects" for this.

An then a few new pictures for Acantus: 8)

DSC_1684.JPG

I DO hate those power lines! :evil:

DSC_1687.JPG

DSC_1630.JPG

Acanthus":18d0alzk said:
Could you give us a list of the major bits of kit that you have got in your wonderland please?
And what do you plan to do with your finishing room? anything special to control dust and humidity - that is over and above your built in dust extraction system.

Cheers
David

I really don't have much more than shown i this WIP, the JET 260 PT, an old Luna L18 tablesaw made in 1984, a metabo SCMS and a homemade simple routertable.

The Luna will however be replaced in about 3 weeks, with this;
1977.jpg

And I'm just about to place an order for this:

700123_l.jpg

Next job after my vacation is to make about 80meters of fence, with 500 stiles of 16mm stainless steel tube - thereby 1000 16mm holes...

In the finishing room i have two fans, one blowing fresh air in from the ceiling, and one sucking out fumes at floor level.
I do got a professional Paint Stop-filter in front of the fan, but to much paint goes trough, and clogs the exhaust fan! Need some more thinking an reading to get that sorted. :duno:

I have stumbled on to this thread and like so many others have said, im not jealous....
fantastic workspace that, i know a cabinet maker who has worse dust extrcation thatn that and he is in there everyday allday.

id be majorly proud of a place like that, especially since you have done it all on your own!

I think that we should take a vote: either that is a double decker London bus or a Norwegian fire engine.

My money is on the London Bus. How is the build going?

David

I know for a fact that the bed is to have a Fireman Sam duvet cover on it so my vote's on the fire engine although I agree on the similarity to a London bus :D

Mark

I believe that no London bus has got blue flashing lights on the roof, so hopefully it will look less like a bus when it's done! :D

Finally back from holyday, and there - waiting in the garage - I found this. I can't understand how I managed without one!
DSC_2221.JPG

Engie Benjy, excellent thread so far and I must congratulate you on a fine workshop.
You and your compatriots use excellent English too, well done.

Back