Measure Twice, Cut Once

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: "When you separate the rail operator from the train company," he said, "this is what happens."

I can't remember it happening here.

Rhossydd":1za4d2c2 said:
Quote: "When you separate the rail operator from the train company," he said, "this is what happens."

I can't remember it happening here.

Hmmm, not sure our Gallic cousins have a monopoly on almighty cock-ups :?

The article says they discovered the problem "a bit late". Do you think this was when the first train actually pulled into "the wrong sort of station"?

A while back when they had the grand opening of the Heathrow Fire Station, the VIP cut the ribbon, the fire engines started to roll towards the doors to drive in to their new home only to.....
......find the doors were too narrow. The architect had been down his local fire station to measure up the width of a fire engine. Airport fire engines are low and wide......

RogerS":2j8zjgwb said:
A while back when they had the grand opening of the Heathrow Fire Station, the VIP cut the ribbon, the fire engines started to roll towards the doors to drive in to their new home only to.....
......find the doors were too narrow. The architect had been down his local fire station to measure up the width of a fire engine. Airport fire engines are low and wide......

It's surprising that such an excellent and amusing story hasn't been more widely reported...

BugBear

bugbear":1gv2r3xe said:
RogerS":1gv2r3xe said:

It's surprising that such an excellent and amusing story hasn't been more widely reported...

BugBear

Yes, it is, isn't it. What a fascinating comment as well. I will frame it.

RogerS":1z7m99im said:
bugbear":1z7m99im said:
RogerS":1z7m99im said:

BugBear

Yes, it is, isn't it. What a fascinating comment as well. I will frame it.

Will you two kids knock it off?

Back