McD's

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Limey Lurker

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
A couple of days ago I heard part of a McDonalds TV ad where I'm sure that they claimed that they now sold "Organic milk and water". Anyone else hear/see it?

Organic is a passing fad, the next one will be GMO free and after that it will be something else. It's all marketing and has very little bearing on the quality of the product.

Organic is a marketing tool now and has been for many years. It's just a set of rules and tick boxes providing guidelines and rules for the production of food. It does not guarantee the nutritional content or advisability of eating.

The actual raw ingredients of McDonalds are pretty good, well sourced and safe to eat. The main problem is that they are still loaded with salt, sugar and fat, just well-sourced salt, sugar and fat ;-)

Nothing wrong with eating a McD if you like the taste, just not very often, my dad loves McD and has one at least twice a year much to my mothers disgust.

I used to be a stockman on the farm where a lot of there beef came from. I can confirm are cows where treated very well! And lived a pretty decent exsistence!

Adidat

The guy who runs it globally used to be one of my pupils when he was training to be a chartered accountant (very nice guy)…so did his wife. How we laughed when he left the firm to join McD's and spend his first week flipping burgers. We would not laugh now. I do think they try to be ethical. IIf I have a McD though I usually regret it afterwards, but I do think their breakfasts are very good and as well as being fine value and super quick. I wish they did them all day (but don't tell my wife!)

I'm with you on breakfasts being available all day! They are trailing it in the US. I believe it's not straightforward because they obviously need the same cookers as the main menu items but they need different times and temperatures. I think the same is true of the fryers for the hash browns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm an OAP and enjoy a Big Mac, Fries and a Coke 2 or 3 times a year organic or not - the fries particularly are great.

John

I tried a McDonalds burger once and after finding the bun sticking to the roof of my mouth like a congealed wombat, threw the rest in the bin. Disgusting.

At least organic food has not had chemicals shoved on it or in it. Not that I go out of my way to buy organic.

That is the point about organic it's not necessarily going to taste better or be more healthy in terms of sugar and salt etc but it won't have been sprayed with chemicals to make it grow / look better etc. It's a difficult thing though as a lot of chemicals that are used occur naturally so using them could just be enhancing nature. The flip side is GM where you are going further and modifying the genetic makeup of a vegetable etc. That can appear quite scary and we might think i don't want anything that's been modified but again what if science is just enhancing nature and building say a tomato that is drought resistant, and could be grown in areas where previously it couldn't be?

No easy answer on some of this stuff!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

McD does provide a healthier option if you choose to take it - salads, water, milk, carrot sticks etc.
Well run company IMO.

I'm not sure about the b/fast for me, I suspect I'd get indigestion, but the spicy vegetable deluxe is good, would prefer the wedges to fries though.

It's pretty rare to see a Mc Donald's that doesn't have a load of folks queuing up so I don't know why they bother advertising. I have a bit of a dodgy stomach but one food that never upsets it is Mc Donald's. Not something to eat every day but no worse than a curry or a pizza.

Only ever had two Big 'M's, the second one was definitely a mistake confirming my opinion of the first.
That was twenty odd years ago, have they improved?

AJB Temple":29fd7rpb said:
The guy who runs it globally used to be one of my pupils when he was training to be a chartered accountant (very nice guy)…so did his wife. How we laughed when he left the firm to join McD's and spend his first week flipping burgers. We would not laugh now. I do think they try to be ethical. IIf I have a McD though I usually regret it afterwards, but I do think their breakfasts are very good and as well as being fine value and super quick. I wish they did them all day (but don't tell my wife!)
I wonder do they do different breakfast stuff in different areas? I wouldn't have thought so? A couple of days ago swmbo dropped the boy at McD at breakfast time as it was the only place open (he had a revision class). She said she didn't have anything as their breakfasts were vile, and I agreed - I had one once, left half and felt sick. She asked the boy when he came in what he'd had for breakfast and he said nothing, just a drink, he couldn't face eating anything on the menu - and he's a McD worshipper. I don't dislike the bigger, better McDs occasionally, but for breakfast anywhere in known universe would do first.

I have to agree. If I was awake enough to be in a Mc Donald's early in the morning I could easily eat a double cheeseburger for breakfast but sadly they don't sell them until later on. There is nothing on the breakfast menu that appeals to me either.

I find their food tasteless and bland. As much as I'd like to enjoy it.

The apple pies are good as is the ice cream, oh and the breakfast sausage and egg are nice, and the spicy zinger now I come to think of it, the chips are Ok if still hot. Just off for a McDonalds, back later.

defo agree with Graham, apple pies and sausage & egg McMuffins can't be beat and they do a really nice coffee :)

Back in the late sixties we had a Wimpy Bar in the town. the burger sandwich was about six time the thickness of MD and you ate it on a plate with a proper knife and fork.

Only thing I have in the American Embassy is their coffee.

Back