Material to aid smooth movement of INCRA LS POSITIONER?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulkane1

Established Member
Reaction score
Could someone on this Forum ,help me to find a product ,to help aid the smooth movement of my LS positioner on my self made work bench?A type of durable stick on material,set on my bench ,that help glide the LS positioned with free movement.All help appreciated.

Paul

At the Harrogate show i'm sure I saw a product for sale on the woodworkers workshop stand that might help. It was a slippery plastic, about 2 inches wide, very thin, self adhesive backed. Prepacked in a length that I guessed was between 18" and two feet.

My suggestion would be to look at putting plastic rubbing blocks in the bottom of the fence. That way you don't need anything on the bench surface. They only need stand proud by a millimetre. There's probably a recess that you could seat something into. Cut some nylon or HMWPE "slick" strip to suit. Or get some nylon bolts and tap the bottom of the fence to take them, screw in then sand the heads down until there's only a mm standing proud below the fence.

I have an old kity mitre gauge that has four push in plastic plugs in the bottom edge of it's fence. They serve the same purpose and the mitre gauge slides smoothly over the tablesaw's cast aluminium top without scratching.

Yes I have used Slick from Axminster but not sure if they still sell it. Think it's just thin HDPE. Nylon 66 would probably work as well

Why not just ask for your money back?
The INCRA LS POSITIONER (which I'd never heard of) is an astronomically expensive dubious gadget and surely should simply work very well at that price?
Basically you've been ripped off?

HDPE is the way to go but then as the PM just said "Freedom of movement is at an end" so guess you stuck with it :roll: (hammer)

Back