Material for bathroom cabinet.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigjoe

Established Member
Reaction score
Evening all,
Ive been asked to make a bathroom vanity cabinet to wrap around the pedestal with a shelf for shampoo etc,what would be a good wood to use as it will be sitting onto a lino floor,her indoors has requested a wood finish "Something nice!" and the floor sometimes gets heavily splashed by the kids in the bath,so something that will stand up to the moisture and ill be finishing it with a varnish or similar,my apologies for the questions but this will be my first furniture type piece.

Many thanks

Joe

Traditionally Teak would be top recommendation. But recently it has become very rare and expensive due to over forestation. A good alternative is Iroko. Although, this is a bit of a scary wood to machine. Make sure you wear a mask.

I had'nt thought about putting legs on it,i'll have a measure and see if i can afford to lose a bit for some legs,the bathroom is the size of a small cupboard so storage is at a premium and being in the house with 3 women there is plenty of shampoo and other stuff laying about!

I shall investigate the legs further (so to speak!)

Joe

Back