masks etc

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jlawrence

Established Member
Reaction score
hi all.
what masks do people wear when turning.
is something like the airace with clip on shield good enough ? or do you really need something akin to the airshield ?

I use the trend airshield and before that i used the 3m version- your vision- lungs-health etc are pricelless- always protect them.

in theory the air ace and clip on sheild give you the same degree of respiratory protection as an airmask - but the problem isa the clip on sheild is open at the top and so it tends to fill with rubbish which then gets in your eyes.

i generally use a powercap but the standby for when this is flat is a mask like an airace (though mine is actually made by uvex) and a strimmer face shield with integeral ear defenders

my strimmer shield might actually be a bit of overkill - I use my chainsaw face guard (with integral hard hat etc) for strimming.
I thing I'll order an airace in the morning and see how I get on with that.

I think the airace is only FFP2 or equilivant whereas the Airshelid is FFP3 or equivalent, that is to the disposable mask ratings anyway! If your going for the paper/mesh type ones I always go for FFP3 as they have the highest protection rating?

PHIL

Trend Airshield Pro for me, and I do believe it saved my eye recently when a lump of wood came straight for my face. Also, that's more likely to happen when you lack experience. I have a face mask, but the Airshield does make it look fragile.

Back