martin how do i re fit the link and bearing ??

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mac1012

Established Member
Reaction score
I have got round to re fitting the link and bearing on the hegner but I am baffled as to how some of it refits , martin I know you made a replacement so thought you might be able to advise or anyone else !!

the top bolt on the link and bearing is different to the bottom and has a nut on it and the bolt slide through the hole in the bottom arm

I cant work out how to stop the bolt spinning around as the other end is obscured by the fly wheel , I cannot raise the arm up ahigh enough to clear the flywheel as it catches on the front of table pillar , I am assuming the other end is a allen key fitting ?

the only other way I can see is moving the motor out of the way (gulp) as in don't want to do that for fear of not getting back in the correct place but if I have to I will

also on the top bolt there is three washers , on the bottom one there is two a spring washer that goes in front of the link and bearing and the other behind it but the top has three and and as I couldn't see very well when taking the top one out whether two go in front of link and bearing and one behind or spring washer at front and two behind ?

any help from anyone would be welcome as I cant do any work until I get this sorted

thanks mark

I have worked out the bottom arm bolt just tightens as the nut is tightened onto the shaft (Phew) I just need to know the correct sequence for the washers as I couldn't see properly I have had a look on the hegner parts diagram but its not very clear so I have emailed them to advise me on correct positions

Mark, I've been busy all day and I only just checked the forum and now I'm heading up the wooden hill. If you haven't got it sorted this (Friday) morning, let me know.

Martin.

Mark, I couldn't think straight last night I was so tired. :)

There's a flat washer outside each bearing, then a spring washer in front of that, and a slightly thicker spacer between the bearing and the arm/motor. That's if yours is the same as mine, and is what makes most sense.
You don't need to remove the motor.
Martin.

thanks for taking the time to reply martin, got it sorted the other night and worked out how it all went back and running a lot sweeter like having a new machine

mark

could you feel the roughness in the bearings? The top one will get notches in it because it doesn't do full revolutions and you can probably feel them.

Martin.

I not sure what you mean ? all I know on the old one it had worn between the plastic housing and metal bearing casing

runs a lot better now I would imagine there is some worn link and bearings hegner owners out there that aren't aware of it as it looks like a part that would need replacing every few years if you use your machine a lot

mark

Latest posts

Back