Man-Made Shaker Panels

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slim

Established Member
Reaction score
Just a quickie...

Is it normal to glue in a veneered MDF panel in a shaker door, as there are no expansion issues?

Thanks

I've made a few of these for my kitchen (mine are painted) and, as Rob says a little glue at the corners of the panel is all that is needed. I have tried glueing the panel all the way round but found that it makes adjusting for square etc much more difficult at glue-up time.

Don't think the Shakers would have used MDF, particularly not with veneer :lol:
Nor would they have glued in a panel, no need.

cheers
Jacob

Mr Grim - before this deteriorates into yet another ....'lets muddy the waters a bit' :wink: type of thread I have no doubt that Simon meant a Shaker style door, a modern interpretation of the original stuff - Rob

woodbloke":1zkeojhe said:
Mr Grim - before this deteriorates into yet another ....'lets muddy the waters a bit' :wink: type of thread I have no doubt that Simon meant a Shaker style door, a modern interpretation of the original stuff - Rob

Erm, Rob, I think the smiley meant it was a joke, and it was followed by a perfectly reasonable bit of advice.

Scrit":2yawcvqu said:
senior":2yawcvqu said:
Never glue mine
Bet he nails 'em in :wink:

cambournepete":2yawcvqu said:
Norm never glues his... :norm:
No he reallyy does probably nail 'em in :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
some people cut them out with their CNC, the classic profile with the rounded corners

DaveL":927w2j9t said:
Scrit":927w2j9t said:
senior":927w2j9t said:
Never glue mine
Bet he nails 'em in :wink:

cambournepete":927w2j9t said:
Norm never glues his... :norm:
No he reallyy does probably nail 'em in :wink:
And you can't see the nail holes once you apply the donkey brown finnish. :roll:
Does he use a brad naylor?

Sssshhhhhh, you'll get banned for mentioning b*** N*****, sadly missed by me

All I'm going to say to you, Dom, is finger!!!!! Sssssh, you know what I mean.

[Note to mods - this is NOT a rude gesture!]

Scrit

Latest posts

Back