Man finishes router table after 2 years!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Yep, going for the record - 2 years!

Finally got the table finished by making the drawers. About time too :D

Drawers_Closed.jpg

Drawers_Open.jpg

Bravo. Now thats something! Won't be upgrading that in a hurry!

Adam

Well it ceertainly appears to have been worth the wait, and you've had 2 years to gather a nice collection of cutters :wink:
never occured to me to put a door on the centre section - do you find it helps or hinders I wonder?

Mark

Very nice ! I like the idea of the cutters in open draws .

Very nice table. I built a similar one on Norm's design everything at your fingertips I like it. Those cutters look very clean though? :lol:

Yep, it's an excellent design, you'll enjoy it.

Do you have any dust extraction from the back of the cabinet, like Norm suggests? I find that my regular DC is useless for that application, I have to vac it out manually every now and again. I get much better dust extraction directly of the fence.

Tony, very nice looking table.

Two years though? :lol: What chance do we have of seeing your website before 2008 then? :lol:

Andy

Nice work. :D 2 Years!!

What have you been planning to make with it during those 2 years and when can we see the results :wink:

Lee.

Shucks, thanks

Perhaps I should elucidate? I built the table in 4-5 days from Norm's MK 2 plans and started to use it (couldn't be bothered to make drawers).
Dust extraction is round the back in standard Norm design. Not bad, but not perfect.

After a few months I changed the top to my own design to better fit the Incra fence and beacuse I got some free MDF with tough coating.
New top of 36mm MDF - seems strong enough :D

After a year or so, I decided a mitre gauge was needed.

Some time later a new, stronger insert was made

Finally, I decided to build the rest of the drawers this weekend and it is finished!!

By the way, this is the table of finger-incident fame :evil:

Made a few thngs on it ove the year Lee, must get that website finished and show 'em off!! (before 2008 Andy :lol: )

MarkW":o3mzp2yq said:
Well it ceertainly appears to have been worth the wait, and you've had 2 years to gather a nice collection of cutters :wink:
never occured to me to put a door on the centre section - do you find it helps or hinders I wonder?

Mark

Ahh, loads of the cutters came with routers - el cheapo. Only own a dozen decent cutters to my name :wink:

The door works quite nicley and is pulled shut when the extractor is switched on which I quite like as the majority of the airflow is then down through the table.

Back