Makita track saw blade for cutting plywood?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

8Balls

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi people,

I'm going to be making some shelving units with 18mm Stretek multiply hopefully if I can get a good price per sheet, just wondering what blade would give me a nice clean cut?

At present I have a 48t 165mm with a 2.2 kerf thats been used for cutting all sorts so I'm wanting a new blade for the new project so thought I'd get something specifically for the plywood so advice would be greatly appreciated :)

I like a "universal" one for plywood in my track saw. It might be 24 teeth something like that, 48 teeth will likely burn.
I get the Trend ones off ebay 3 at a time.

Ollie
Thanks for the reply Ollie, yes the Trend blades seem to have really good reviews on Amazon also

I buy trend and the dewalt construction blades, they're good too.
A note on the trend ones.... you need to watch out for plate thickness. Normally i get the 1.4? Mm plate ones, but last year i bought a set of 3 that had a thickness of nearer 2mm with a kerf of 3mm ( didnt realise ). My 18v saw ran them, but it took more juice. I think they were aimed at corded tracksaws.

I buy trend and the dewalt construction blades, they're good too.
A note on the trend ones.... you need to watch out for plate thickness. Normally i get the 1.4? Mm plate ones, but last year i bought a set of 3 that had a thickness of nearer 2mm with a kerf of 3mm ( didnt realise ). My 18v saw ran them, but it took more juice. I think they were aimed at corded tracksaws.
thanks for the advice baldkev, I did see the variations in thickness whilst searching around for blades. My existing blade is 2.2 kerf and I think is what I will stick to, I have a corded Makita tracksaw so should cope OK just as long as I dont push it too much (y)

When thinking of teeth you think more is better but at 165mm diameter a 48 tooth blade has 2.3 teeth per inch compared to my 315mm mitre saw blade with 60 teeth that has 1.5 teeth per inch.

Don't forget it is both blade thickness and Kerf that determine the offset and so effect on the rubber strip.

thanks for the advice baldkev, I did see the variations in thickness whilst searching around for blades. My existing blade is 2.2 kerf and I think is what I will stick to, I have a corded Makita tracksaw so should cope OK just as long as I dont push it too much (y)
I have the 18v Maki 680 saw which is same size blades and were lucky in that no riving knife so can go with thinner cordless saw blades.
Those red Freud blades get good press also.
Gave one of the guys that runs woodworking group i go to my spare thin blade B-62979 for his SP600 track saw which is 25t and 1.4mm kerf?
Odd one is pictures of DHS680 has it with one blade and turns up with same blade i bought as a different type!.

Back